The purpose of the project is to provide advisory services to support the EU actions in Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture (FNSSA) related areas of DG INTPA thematic and geographic programs, ultimately contributing to the achievement of SDG 2.
This project is considered as a “Facility” supporting Unit F.3 “Sustainable Agri-Food systems and Fisheries of DG INTPA (formerly known as Unit C1 of DG DEVCO). The project aims to provide technical assistance through a core team of 4 Key Experts and Non-Key Experts.
ASRAFS missions mainly support DG INTPA F.3 Staff at headquarter level on FNSSA policies, programs, M&E, reporting, quality assurance and communication. It is also foreseen that support can be provided to EU delegations (implementing FNSSA programs).
Given the EU policy framework (EU Green Deal, Farm to Fork Strategy, etc.), ASRAFS is increasingly expected to provide support on agri-food systems transformation and guidance to operationalize this paradigm shift in the new Multi-Annual Financial Framework (2021-2027) which is under Programming in INTPA partner countries.
Results to be achieved in the project are:
- Result 1: High quality policies, programs and investments.
Capacities of Governments, EU Delegations, Headquarters as well as other actors involved in the wider FNSSA sector are improved with regard to policy debate and design as well as to programs / projects identification and formulation.
- Result 2: Knowledge & Communication
FNSSA-related knowledge based on evidence, objective verifiable indicators and best practices, is strengthened, disseminated and contribute to decision-making processes and lessons learning.
The KE 2 is part of the team of ASRAFS with a FNSSA Policy Expert (Team Leader), a Communication expert (KE 3) and a Data Management expert (KE 4).
KE 2 is expected to provide technical assistance and advisory services on FNNSA economics such as value chains, agricultural commodities, market trends analysis, blending in agriculture or related field.
KE 2 is also expected to have experience in conducting identification, formulation and evaluation of budget support programmes, public expenditure sector reviews and provide guidance for EUD implementing budget support in FNSSA.
Given the current context and the international agenda in 2021, familiarity with Sustainable Agri-Food Systems approaches will be an asset.
At times, the KE 2 will be requested to supervise short-term mission (NKE) implying a rapid assimilation and compliance with ASRAFS procedures and tools.
A collaborative attitude in working with other KE/NKE or staff from DG INTPA or EUD is required.
High flexibility is expected to be able to accommodate requests sometimes at short-notice.
Qualifications and skills
- A master’s degree in agricultural economics, finance, European studies and/or other fields related to rural development, agriculture, food and nutrition security in development context.
- Relevant professional experience in the area of sectoral budget support and/or public finance management in external assistance;
- Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French (required);
- Good knowledge of Arabic, Spanish and/or Portuguese will be an asset;
- Fully computer literate, proficient user of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Teams and good understanding of database software;
- At least 10 years of professional experience covering the identification, formulation and/or evaluation of FNSSA policies and strategies including significant experience in the area of FNSSA budget support
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the FNSSA areas, including the economics thereof, in developing countries – with strong focus on Africa;
- At least 5 years of field experience dealing with FNSSA economic policies or Programs in developing countries;
- Previous experience in social protection and social transfers will be an asset;
- Strong team player, demonstrating experience in working in multicultural context; previous team leader experience will be an asset;
- Previous experience in EU Development Policy will be an asset
- Work experience with other development agencies will be an asset;
- Demonstrable experience in leading an evaluation mission will be an asset
- At least 5 years of experience with sector-wide/Program-based approaches (SWAp/PBA) for rural development, agriculture, food security, FNNSA policy analysis and/or public expenditure sector review;
- Demonstrable specific expertise in budget support and negotiations with national Governments on budgetary and financial matters;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the latest developments of national and international, including EU, policies and programs in the field of financial support, including budget support (familiarity with EU guidelines for Budget Support);
- Experience in assistance to national and/or regional authorizing officers on financial planning and negotiation will be an asset;
- Familiarity with providing technical assistance in FNSSA-related fields to EU Delegations will be an asset.
The KE 2 can be based anywhere in Europe. He/she must be able to travel to Brussels at short notice (24-48 hours - taking into consideration possible travel restrictions due to COVID-19).
Regine Reuter email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA