The overall objective of the programme is to contribute to the enhancement of accountable governance in Rwanda by promoting citizen participation and mobilisation for delivery of de-velopment, strengthening public accountability and improving service delivery.
The Strategic Communication expert shall provide individual support to the Parliament (2 months for both chambers), to the Office of the Ombudsman (2 months) and to the Ministry of Justice (2 months). It means a mission of a period of 6 (six) working months per year during the three years of the programme, for a total of 24 working months for the duration of the pro-gramme (440 working days).
The Strategic Communication Expert shall strengthen the accountable communication capacity of:
- the Parliament: MPs need to further reach out to the population to explain their role, discuss issues that are affecting citizens’ lives or to discuss bills under review, enacted laws and na-tional policies ‘implementation,
- the Access to Justice Coordination Unit of the Ministry of Justice: MINIJUST gets closer to the citizens and the latter are better aware of the their rights and of the access to justice ser-vices;
- the Office of the Ombudsman: Awareness of citizens on access to information law provisions and strong monitoring system of its enforcement, campaigns against corruption and injustice.
The expert shall facilitate the design of internal and external strategies for communication and outreach in support of sector reforms, public information on policies and services. The Strate-gic Communication Expert will undertake a communication needs assessment and an analysis of information needs of specific target groups.
The Strategic Communication Expert is expected to assist the Parliament, the Access to Jus-tice Coordination Unit of the Ministry of Justice and the Office of the Ombudsman to ensure a successful completion of the following activities:
- Undertake the communication needs assessment for the Parliament, the Office of the Om-budsman and the Access to Justice Coordination Unit of the Ministry of Justice;
- Develop a communication and citizen participation strategy plan for the Programme and for each programme estimate;
- Assist and advise in the implementation of the communication plans;
- Analyse the possible opportunities, for the Parliament, the Office of the Ombudsman, the Access to Justice Coordination Unit of the Ministry of Justice and MINECOFIN, to make better use of ICT in order to be accountable to the population.
Education and Skills:
- An advanced university degree (MA/MSc) in communication, journalism, political science, international relations/public affairs, sociology or a related discipline. First university degree with significant years of experience (minimum 15) in the communication sector may be consid-ered in lieu of the university degree.
- Excellent oral communication and report writing skills in English. A working capability in French is a strong added advantage.
- Advanced Computer literacy.
- Excellent communications skills.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the field of Public Relations. At least five years of this experience must have been in a developing country outside the country of origin.
- Proven experience in developing a Communication Strategy and plan.
- Proven intellectual leadership and demonstrated understanding of the use of traditional and emerging media in support of policy reform processes.
- Ability to translate monitoring and evaluation findings into communicable messages.
- Working with/for Operating Structures/Implementing Agencies for implementation of EU as-sistance, will be an advantage.
- Experience in EU visibility rules.
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA