Key expert 1: Team Leader – EU-India Business Opportunities Promotion Expert
|The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is to strengthen the positioning of the EU as a credible partner of India in priority sectors, and to contribute to an increased and diversified presence of EU companies in the Indian market by enriching EU-India policy dialogues. |
- to provide a horizontal business cooperation facility to feed the ongoing and potential EU-India policy dialogues in the areas of environment, energy, climate, ICT, mobility, urbanisation, etc. in order to meet the growing Indian demand for knowledge and innovative technologies while simultaneously facilitating the export and transfer of advanced EU technologies, standards and business best practices; and
- to enable EU-wide advocacy efforts by EU Member States, EU business organisations and businesses, to remove trade barriers and identify regulatory and economic trends with a particular focus on the needs of EU SMEs.
|Team leader will be responsible for overall coordination of the project and to ensure coherency among the project components. S/he will act as the main interlocutor for the EU Delegation in day-to-day management of the contract, and will be responsible for the achievement of its objectives. S/he will be directly in charge of the implementation of project activities with support of selected Non-Key Experts. The Team Leader will ensure smooth implementation and proper visibility of all events conducted under the project to the highest quality standards.|
Key Expert 1 is expected to be based in New Delhi to perform the assignment. Short missions to other parts of India are envisaged under this action.
|Qualifications and skills:|
• Minimum Master Degree or equivalent in Economics, International Economics, Business, Engineering, or equivalent discipline (e.g Social Sciences); OR Bachelor's Degree and five (5) years of full-time proven relevant professional experience additional to the requested general professional experience.
• Excellent speaking, drafting and editing skills in English;
• Fluency in Hindi is considered an asset.
General professional experience:
• Minimum ten (10) years of post-graduate professional experience relevant in the field of trade, business, or international economics.
Specific professional experience:
• Minimum three (3) years full-time relevant working experience on international trade relations, trade promotion, economic relations, business promotion, analysis of market access barriers, conceptualization of business/trade-related events, capacity building of trade/business-related entities;
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in policy dialogue or technical cooperation with national or local authorities, of which at least one (1) year in India;
• Preferably two (2) working experiences each of at least 6 months related to promotion of one or more of the following fields: EU trade interests, innovative EU technological solutions, EU standards, EU research and innovation, EU business best-practices in key sectors;
Romy Rösner Roesner@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA