Key expert 1: Team Leader (TL) - ERERA - ECOWAS Regional Electricity Market
This assignment will provide direct support to the ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA).
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) which is made up of the fifteen countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo), plus Mauritania will benefit from this action.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to reduce greenhouse gas emission in Western Afric, whereas the specific objective is to support ERERA in its mission to implement effective regulatory mechanisms contributing to the development of a regional electricity market.
Expected outputs to be achieved by the Contractor:
- The necessary rules and procedures to implement phase 2 of the regional electricity market are finalized and adopted ;
- The National Regulatory Authorities and the relevant national entities involved in the national market are supported to allow a smooth implementation of effective regulatory mechanisms for the development of regional electricity trade in ECOWAS ;
- The communication and visbility of ERERA is well improved ;
- ERERA’s governance structure and practices are more efficient.
The team leader will be responsible for the smooth cohesion, coordination and communication among the team of experts and the other stakeholders. TL will oversee planning, implementing and coordinating the activities related to this project. TL will also make sure the different outputs are delivered. TL will also act as support and complement to the work of the other experts.
TL shall be an excellent communicator, trainer and manager, as he/she will need to liaise at government level and might be responsible for a team of experts working in a complex cross- cultural environment. TL will be flexible and responsive to the needs of ERERA and its members.
The Team Leader will be based in Accra, Ghana, with missions in West Africa when required.
Qualifications and skills
* Education at least at Master Degree level, or equivalent professional experience of 5 years, in one of the following field: Economics/Energy/Engineering/Law/Management or any relevant subject.
* Excellent command and good writing skills in English and in French. (C1)
* Excellent communicator with good facilitation and negotiation skills.
* Excellent skills and experience in drafting papers/proposals, reports, training materials and guidelines, proven by list of publications and reports (at least 5).
General professional experience
* At least 10 years general professional experience in the energy sector
* At least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to project implementation, policies formulation, public administration management.
* Excellent knowledge of energy policy and international electricity market, especially in the regulatory field, proven by 2 experiences/studies related to these fields
* Previous experience in the ECOWAS institutions and procedures will be considered as an asset.
Specific professional experience
* At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in organizations' efficiency and process and/or capacity building and/or change management, or Public Management or Public Sector Restructuring
* At least one experience in management, as a Team Leader, during at least 2 years.
* At least one experience in building capacities of a regional organization or its member states.
* At least one experience in Monitoring and Evaluation Systems’ development or Resource Mobilization and Financial Management or in procedures and the financing frameworks of EU external actions.
* Working experience in a Developing country, as a resident/long term Technical Assistant and in particular in West Africa, will be considered as an asset.
* Previous experience with ERERA will be considered as a strong asset.
If you are interested, kindly send your updated CV highlighting your experience in the respective fields to:
Ms Barbara Muratori
GFA Consulting Group
Barbara Muratori Muratori@gfa-group.de
+49 40 60306 222