The project is part of a larger programme: Contribution to Agriculture and Rural Development (CARD), where the main activities are financed via budget support (36 million Euro) and a Technical Cooperation Facility (TCF) is added as complementary support.
The CARD programme will support the Agriculture Development Strategy (ADS) using the budget support modality (Sector Reform Contract) to help the Government of Nepal to achieve the objectives of its comprehensive sector policy.
The TCF will be established with a mix of long term TA, short term expertise on demand and resources for training, workshops, surveys and other capacity building measures. The facility will closely work with the ADS Implementation Support Unit (ADSISU) within the Ministry of Agriculture, Land Management and Cooperatives (MoALMC).
The main tasks of the Technical Cooperation Facility will be:
- support the roll-out of ADS. In particular, this includes the reinforcement of ADSISU, and support to the reforms and implementation mechanisms foreseen in ADS. This will include also support to coordination with other ministries and stakeholders, and facilitating policy dialogue;
- support capacity development in the ministries or other agencies involved in ADS implementation and to the National Planning Commission (NPC) for its coordinating role;
- reinforce the monitoring and evaluation framework for ADS in the Ministry of Agriculture, Land Management and Cooperatives;
- strengthening of PFM (Public Finance Management) in the sector, at State and (when established) at local levels, also aiming at reinforcing the follow up of audit recommendations in the sector;
- offer a flexible research and short term expertise facility to support ADS, in particular with regards to emerging needs related to the federalisation;
- support in thematic areas like Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) mechanisms, extension services, greater nutrition sensitivity, resilience, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
Qualifications and skills
- University Degree or equivalent in agricultural science, engineering, economics, business, or relevant disciplines relevant to the position, preferably at a post graduate level.
- Proven ability to develop solid relationships with beneficiaries at the local level in order to achieve good results;
- An excellent verbal and written command of English is essential; the ability to understand and communicate in Nepali is an advantage
General professional experience
- Worked a minimum of 10 years full time, after obtaining the post-graduate university degree, in the field of agriculture and rural development policies/strategies, agriculture budget support and planning or related.
- Previous experience in agriculture and rural development-related policy and capacity building projects, preferably gained in South Asia is an asset.
- Substantial experience in project management and financial regulations, preferably through the management of EU-funded technical assistance projects;
- Substantial experience in advising government institutions (national, provincial and/or local level) and private sector actors on agricultural and rural development policies/ strategies/ reforms.
- Experience in capacity development in ministries or other agencies involved in the implementation of agricultural and rural development policies/ strategies/ reforms.
- Experience in the identification, design and/or implementation of EU budget support measures is an asset.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of agricultural and rural development policy/ strategy/ reform implementation is an asset.
- Experience in strengthening Public Finance Management in the agricultural sector is an asset.
- Experience working in Nepal and/or South Asia is an asset.
Regine Reuter firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA