Key expert 2: Marine Environment Protection, Management, Regulation and Enforcement Expert
The overall objective of the present EU funded project is to assist Montenegrin administration to effectively manage implementation and monitoring of water management and environmental policy in order to comply with EU environmental acquis.
The purpose of this project is to strengthen the institutional, administrative and monitoring capacities of the Montenegrin water management institutions in order to improve environmental protection, through:
- Transposition and implementation of the EU Directives in water management sector;
- Strengthening of the institutional and administrative capacity of the relevant institutions;
- Improving the level of monitoring of the water quality and quantity
The project implementation shall aim to develop plan of activities for transposition and implementation of EU directives, in the area of water and marine resources protection and management and preservation of their quality that shall support improvement of the monitoring of surface and underground waters and marine environment on the territory of Montenegro. Following EU Directives shall be transposed and put in use:
- Nitrates Directive 91/676/EEC
- Floods Directive 2007/60/EC
- Bathing Water Directive 2006/7/EC
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive 2008/56/EC (MSFD) and Directive (EU)
Main Tasks of Key Expert 2 will cover mostly the activities regarding the Marine Strategy Framework Directive 2008/56/EC (MSFD) and Directive (EU) 2017/845 amending MSFD. In order to provide MSFD implementation it is necessary to make the following actions in line with the MSFD requirements:
- Preparation of the national legislation for transposition of MSFD,
- Development of the initial assessment of the current status of marine environment,
- Definition of criteria and methodological standards for determination of good environmental status (GES),
- Determination of environmental targets and related indicators to achieve good environmental status,
- Development of the Programme of monitoring of marine environment and Proposal of the Programme of Measures to achieve or maintain good environmental status.
- Master or University degree in the field related to marine environmen;
- PhD degree in biology or field related to environmental sciences with scientific knowledge in marine environment will be considered as an advantage.
- Minimum 12 years of general professional experience in marine environment for Master degree or 15 years of general professional experience in marine environment for University degree.
- Minimum 7 years, but preferably 10 or more, of professional working experience in marine environment, preparation and/or implementation of strategic documents related to marine environment and participation/leadership of MSFD transposition in the EU and/or EU accession countries (experience in the process of transposition and implementation of the Marine Strategy Framework Directive including the process of drafting of the MSFD related documents);
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the scientific research, field work, data collection and data interpretation of the marine environment with accent on the field of ecology of the sea and/or scientific experience in the implementation of the Ecosystem Approach (EcAp) in line with the Barcelona Convention;
- Experience in the Adriatic region will be considered as an advantage.
Heike Mainusch email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA