The overall objective of the Technical Assistance is to contribute to poverty reduction and to improve quality of life while supporting Liberia’s carbon neutrality agenda..
The specific objective is to support climate mitigation solutions as outlined in the INDC, through reduced greenhouse gas emissions from solid waste management services, building capacity of key actors of CC sector as well as creating awareness of CC challenges among the population.
In particular, the following aspects shall be prioritized:
- The design of the NDC roadmap and related sectoral action plans prioritizing the attention on the mitigation side and in particular to the 3 priority sectors for Liberia (energy, waste and transport).
- Support EPA in mainstreaming climate change at sectoral level (i.e. in the 3 mitigation priority sectors) as the level of mainstreaming is still embryonic.
- Disseminate climate change knowledge through training and capacity building activities, involving all ministries and agencies working on this topic and dealing with it directly and indirectly.
The KE3 will support development and coordination all activities linked to disseminate climate change knowledge through training and capacity building activities.
He will support the Team Leader in ensuring a smooth and timely implementation of the project including
He/she will also be responsible for the support of staff working under his/her authority and for the quality and timeliness of their deliverables.
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum a Master's (postgraduate) degree, preferably with a Master's of Science, in communication, international relations with special knowledge of IT and website systems.
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English.
- Expert in preparing climate change training programs for governmental bodies.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience related to the subject matter of the current contract, out of which at least 5 years of relevant experience in African countries.
- Demonstrable deep knowledge and very good understanding of the international climate negotiation process and related mechanisms.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in jobs requiring a deep knowledge on climate negotiation debate matured through participation at international meetings/fora on sustainable development and/or climate change.
- A minimum of 6 years of working experience in professional and organizational capacity development including designing and implementing large scale training programs.
Heike Mainusch email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA