Short-Term Experts (m/f/d) for our KfW - Framework Agreement for Consulting Services in Fragile contexts
GFA Consulting Group is an independent worldwide operating consulting company with its head office in Hamburg - Germany. We mainly provide international consultancy services within the framework of international development cooperation. We provide consulting services and run projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds, be it through GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten strategic business areas.
GFA established a Framework Contracts Unit in 2018 for the implementation of various Framework Contracts (FWCs) such as the EU SIEA 2018 FWC (lots 2, 3, 4 and 5), the FWC for the SADC Secretariat that provides TA services in all sectors, and last but not least, the FWC for the International Multi-Disciplinary Programme (IMDP) of DfID/FCDO. Since October 2021, GFA Consulting Group GmbH leads a consortium comprising the partners Conflict Management Consulting CMC (Belgium), MAZURIS SASU (France) and Multiconsult Norge A/S that was awarded the “KfW 2020/0043: Framework Agreement (FWA) for Consulting Services in Fragile Contexts” awarded by KfW Development Bank.
The GFA Consortium is based on a set of value, which focuses on excellence, innovation, responsibility, integrity and human resources. The experts working for us are well known and quality and performance drivers in all sectors of the cooperation development.
Due to the geographical fragile contexts and the wideness of the FWA scope, the GFA Consortium is looking forward to expand its human resources network in the following service modules:
- Pre-feasibility studies
- Environmental and social due diligence and risk analysis (ESDD)
- Institutional analysis of designated project executing agencies (PEA)
- Peace and Conflict Assessment (PCA)
- Target Group and Project-Affected People analysis (ATG-PAP)
In the three regions:
- Middle East + Afghanistan & Pakistan (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Yemen)
- Africa Francophone (Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, DR Congo, Guinea, Mali, Niger)
- Africa Anglophone (ECOWAS (as an institution), Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda)
We provide our experts a comprehensive package of services, which enable them to focus on their technical assignment and enjoy the benefits of working for an internally highly respected company.
- Guidelines and supervision from senior experts
- Access to libraries and databases resources
- Knowledge capitalization
- International networks of your sector of intervention
- Support in formatting/proofreading of any deliverable
- Securing privacy according to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR)
- Support for administration issues
- Access to telephone and e-mail advice during the mission
- Strong security and safety measures
- Local technical support staff
- Broad range of platforms to facilitate communication and sharing of information in particular remote site visits due to pandemic inaccessibility
- Competitive fee rates
- Appropriate insurance arrangements
- Covering of costs for COVID-19 Tests
- Plenty of consultancy opportunities
Qualifications & requirements
- Higher academic degree (masters or higher) in Public Administration, Economics, International Law, Political Science or other related field
- At least 10 years of relevant postgraduate professional experience
- Proven expertise and experience in conducting analysis in the above mentioned service modules
- Experience in one or more sectors: water, energy, transport, health, education and peacebuilding, crisis prevention and promotion of social coherence
- Experience in fragility and post-conflict contexts
- Consolidated experience in formulating high level strategic analysis and recommendations
- Team leading proven expertise
- Willingness and ability to travel to country of assignment (international experts)
- Fluency in English and/or French depending on the country assignment
- Prior experience in conducting analysis KfW, World Bank, ADB is a value added
If you would like to become part of our dedicated pool of experts for one or more modules of this FWA, please send your up-to-date CV in English and/or French, and indicate which Module/Sector/Region you are interested in.
For further information please visit the KfW FWA dedicated page.
Please send your CV at KfW-FWA@gfa-group.de
Your CV and contact details will be included in our CV database and we will contact you as soon as we receive a specific Request for Offer from KfW corresponding to your field of expertise. Please read our consent to the use of private data and the GFA DATA PRIVACY.
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA