Team Leader- Expert in Medical Laboratory Science
- Aim of the project is to improve the capabilities of the laboratories supported to perform quality assured diagnostics.
- The capacity-development strategy is on the one hand geared to the development of national requirements for the human health laboratory system (strategies and guidelines, digitalization of the laboratory information system CamLIS -Cambodian Laboratory Information System).
- On the other hand, it comprises capacity-building measures (training courses, mentoring, development of SOPs) for 12 selected laboratories with a focus on national laboratory quality standards (aligned with ISO 15189 standard) and for seven laboratories with a focus on COVID-19 PCR testing.
- To improve the ability of the system for self-guided learning, the project will support the development and institutionalization of an evidence-based, multi-level learning approach in the laboratory system (collaborative learning, on-site learning, peer review, online training).
- Overall responsibility for the service packages of the contractor (quality and deadlines)
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the contractor’s services with other services delivered by the project at local and national level;
- Contractor staff management in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, planning and managing the assignments and supporting local and international experts;
- Responsibility for checking the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with the officer responsible for the commission at GIZ ;
- Supporting the GIZ officer responsible for the commission in updating and/or adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase;
- Facilitate discussions with MoH, DHS, BMLS, NIPH and other relevant departments, institutions, organizations, vendors, etc.;
- Maintaining contact with other in-country partners and ensure that there is no duplication of activities;
- Coordinating and ensuring regular communication with GIZ, partners and others involved in the project;
- Ensuring that project monitoring procedures are carried out effectively;
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines.
- University degree (Master’s/PhD) in Medical Laboratory Science or other relevant education,
- 12 years of professional experience in Medical Laboratory Science,
- 5 years of work experience in Asia and in Development Projects
- Specific professional experience : 8 years of professional experience in Laboratory Quality Management systems implementation including experience working with international quality standard ISO 15189: 2012
- 7 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader and as a laboratory manager
Alvean Fentener firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA