M&E and Statistic Expert as key expert 2 – Technical assistance for the Support to Sustainable Rural Livelihoods Programme in Fiji
The Support to Sustainable Rural Livelihoods Programme is an EU-funded budget support operation (Sector Reform Performance Contract). Its specific objectives are: i) effective transition to a sustainable and more diversified agriculture sector, and ii) development of market driven and environmentally friendly agriculture.
The programme is based on the Ministry of Agriculture’s Strategic Development Plan (SDP). The technical assistance will assist in all aspects of the implementation of the SDP and of the EU budget support programme.
The key expert 2 will be responsible for monitoring and assessing the impact of the SDP’s and relevant policies implementation, including through an improved statistical and data analysis system and specifically related to the following activities:
- Support the further development of a rigorous and sustainable M&E system and framework to assess the implementation and impact of SDP and relevant policies.
- Contribute to the training and awareness of all stakeholders and implementers of the M&E framework and promote regular feedback of users.
- Contribute to the analyse the information gathered within the M&E framework, draft analytical notes, feed reports into decision-making processes and ensure all actions are followed through and their impact monitored.
- Facilitate the analysis and review of the statistical system in agriculture, and provide ad hoc support where necessary.
- On request facilitate the undertaking of targeted surveys to measure the results and potential impact of specific aspects of implementation of the SDP e.g. actions related to women/social exclusion, environment/climate change and youths assisted in commercial agriculture.
- Contribute to improving reporting and adequate communication of results. A specific focus should be given to the quarterly and annual report of MoA. Contribute to ensuring a periodic joint review of results and indicators.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a master degree in or equivalent academic qualification (university or similar institution) in Agriculture, Statistic, Economics, Information Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, or any equivalent field directly related to this assignment.
- If the expert does not have a Master's Degree, she/he must have at least a Bachelor's degree in the above mentioned fields combined with an additional 2 years of relevant professional experience.Excellent training and mentoring skills.
- Initiative, tact and proven ability to maintain harmonious working relationships in a multicultural setting with good team spirit.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of combined professional experience in systems design and development, database management, statistics, monitoring and evaluation.
- At least 3 years work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and related activities.
- Experience of working in developing countries, in particular small-sized countries, will be considered an asset.
Specific professional experience
- 3 years proven experience with M&E methods and approaches for data collection; data processing; data analysis and reporting (using appropriate computer packages).
- Proven experience with staff training and mentoring in systems development and implementation, as reflected in at least 2 assignments.
- Previous professional experience working in Small Island Developing States and/or Least Developed countries will be considered as an asset.
Ingrid Wawrzynowicz firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA