Senior National Monitoring & Evaluation Expert
Project status: Tender
The 5th phase of the Sustainable Land Management Programme project“Sustainable Land Management Programme V (SLM V): Integrated Catchment Restoration of Lake Chamo Basin”, financed by the German Financial Cooperation and implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Ethiopia, intends to reduce land degradation of the Lake Chamo Basin through sustainable land management and restoration measures in the basin area, thereby increasing livelihood- and food security of small farm households. The project area comprises 10 identified Woredas/special Woredas covering the entire catchment of Lake Chamo (Chamo Basin). It consists of four components:
- Green Infrastructure and Resilient Livelihoods
- Strengthening and Investing in Cooperatives and Information for Resilience
- Rural Land Administration and Use
- Project Management and Reporting
The main objectives of the project are reducing land degradation on selected agricultural land and increase the agricultural productivity of small holder farms, with the aim of improving the livelihoods, food security and economic wellbeing of rural households in the project intervention area. The project follows a watershed management approach and builds on pariticpatory land use planning. Measures include restoring degraded land, promoting sustainable agricultural practices, supporting sustainable land management, and increasing the resilience of rural households to climate change.
The national monitoring and evaluation expert will be responsible for coordinating the monitoring and evaluation activities of SLM V. The expert will work under the supervision of the CTA and the int. monitoring and evaluation advisor to work out an M&E system in regards to project activities in land restoration and watershed management, climate smart agriculture and livelihood diversification. Furthermore the candidate will be tasked to closely liaise and work with Arba Minch University to work out detailed M&E terms of reference to be implemented by the university as well as with TC/GIZ programmes in the Lake Chamo basin. The following task will be assigned to the expert:
- develop, set-up and maintain a project M&E system to monitor project activities at woreda and kebele levels;
- develop, set-up and maintain an M&E system for the Lake Chamo basin in cooperation with Arba Minch University;
- liaise with the national and regional PCUs in regards to overall programme monitoring and evaluation;
- provide for knowledge management and transfer of best practice examples in regards to M&E in the Lake Chamo basin.
- Education/training: MSc level degree in agriculture, rural development, natural resource management, environmental sciences or comparable discipline;
- Language: C1 proficiency level in English, C1 proficiency level in Amharic;
- Regional experience: Ideally from the region Arba Minch; Ideally speaks local language
- General professional experience: a desired professional experience of 10 years or more, working in similar land management programmes, of which at least 5 years of experience should be in in programme monitoring and evaluation, preferably with German Development Cooperation.
- Specific professional experience: Sound working experience in the preparation of monitoring and evaluation frameworks with indicators and data collection tools as well as theoretical and practical knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data collection methods. Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office and M&E relevant qualitative and quantitative software applications as well as knowledge of data management (design, input, cleaning, analysis) and data protection. Knowledge of GIS Systems would be an advantage.
To express your interest: Send your curriculum vitae to the attention of Ms Lisa Ernst at email@example.com with the Project ID reference number in the subject line. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact Ms Lisa Ernst. We are looking forward to receiving your application and we thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Terms of reference CV TEMPLATE
Lisa Ernst firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our Information on our processing of personal data and rights as a job applicant (EN)/ Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung und Rechte als BewerberIn (DE)