National Expert / Project Manager – Small-scale aquaculture, community fish refuge (CFR) rice field fisheries print
The GIZ’s Global program on Sustainable fisheries and aquaculture (GP Fish) is part of the Special Initiative “ONE World - No Hunger” of the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (Bundesministerium für wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung, BMZ). The main objective of the initiative is to reduce extreme poverty and hunger. As part of the initiative, the GP Fish aims to increase the availability of fish products for the food-insecure population in partner countries and to boost employment and incomes through the promotion of sustainable artisanal fisheries and aquaculture. In Cambodia, GP Fish is focussing on the main goal - Cambodia's food-insecure population have better access to more fish products and a higher income from sustainable and resource-friendly pond aquaculture and rice field fisheries
We are now looking for two National Experts in small-scale aquaculture, community fish refuge (CFR) rice field fisheries as Project Managers to
- Support the Component Leader in personnel management
- Assistant to the project lead as required
- She/he brings in local / regional knowledge; this includes both knowledge on the social and political context as well as expertise on local aquaculture practices, value chains, and services in aquaculture.
- Engage in day-to-day management and coordinate activities on the ground, e.g. development and implementation of capacity development measures, monitoring and evaluation, etc.
- Participate in regular project team meetings and planning workshops organized by the client.
- Advanced university qualification (Master) in Aquaculture, National Resource Management or Agriculture, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Development Studies or in another educative profile relevant to the assignment
- Good business language skills in English (C1); working knowledge in German and Khmer (B2)
- 7 years of professional experience in the international consultancy sector, whereas 5 years in aquaculture
- 5 years of management/leadership experience, experience as project component leader or manager in a company
- Regional experience, at least 5 years of experience in projects in Southeast Asia, of which 2 years in projects in Cambodia
- 5 years of experience in Development Cooperation projects
- Experience in capacity work development, 1 year of experience in financial management of substantial local subsidies; Initiative, sociocultural competence, efficient, partner and client-focused working methods are expected but not be evaluated.
Regine Reuter email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA