The NAMA Facility was jointly established in 2013 to provide support to developing countries and countries with emerging economies that show leadership in tackling climate change and that want to implement transformational country-led Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs). By financing and supporting the implementation of NAMA Support Projects (NSPs), the NAMA Facility contributes to direct and indirect reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
Learning is fundamental to the NAMA Facility and supports its ambition to inspire broad and ambitious action on climate by taking and translating lessons from the projects upwards and outwards. To enable learning hence is the core purpose of these exercises, for which the NAMA Facility is seeking support for the implementation.
The assignment will run from award of contract to 31.05.2025. It will cover conceptual, content-related and organisational aspects by individual project evaluation and learning exercises, guided by a theoretical framework that is developed prior to the first evaluation and learning exercise and flanked by meta-analysis interim and final reports, enabling evidence-based learning across the portfolio and with particular focus on strategic topics.
The bidder shall execute the three tasks :
- Develop a theoretical framework;
- Plan and implement up to 17* NSP mid-term evaluation and learning exercises and planning and implementation of up to 20* NSP final evaluation and learning exercises;
- Prepare up to three intermediate meta-analysis and one final meta-analysis report/studies.
GFA is now looking for national Senior Short-term Experts for the following tasks:
- Prepare and conduct mid-term and final evaluation and learning exercises
- Prepare mid-term/final evaluation and learning reports
- Facilitate learning
- Education/training: University qualification (Master or equivalent) in economics, social sciences, physics or law
- Language: excellent business language skills in English and very good knowledge of one further language of the following: Spanish, French, Chinese, or Portuguese
- Specific professional experience: 10 years in qualitative and quantitative research skills and specific experience in climate finance and with financial mechanisms
- Sector experience: 5 years of experience in projects in one of the following sectors: transport, agriculture and forestry, renewable energy, energy efficiency, waste and waste management or urban development.
Regine Reuter email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA