Since November 2016 the EU implements the project "Sustainable and Innovative Cities and Regions - India" which is part of the global International Urban Cooperation Programme funded by the EU's Partnership Instrument.
The IUC programme aims to lead and develop international urban co-operation in key partner countries and regions in Asia and the Americas and contribute to the delivery of international commitments articulated in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the New Urban Agenda adopted in Quito in October 2016 and the COP-21 Paris Agreement of 2015.
For the IUC India, the EU will now tender a new component:
Support the Development and Operationalisation of the Partnership for Smart and Sustainable Urbanisation for India and the EU.
The objectives of this component shall be attained through the following framework results and activities:
- Support the European Union Delegation to India in the management of the Partnership on Smart and Sustainable Urbanisation. Coordination with the other ongoing components of International Urban Cooperation (Component 1: City to city cooperation and Component 2: Global Covenant of Mayors) in order to avoid overlaps and maximise complementarities.
- Regular update and definition of a 3-year rolling work programme for the Partnership.
- Support to the EU-India high level dialogue that will monitor the implementation of the Partnership.
- Exchange of experiences, views and positions between the EU and Indian government stakeholders in the areas of smart and sustainable urbanisation.
- Develop, organise and support high level visibility events on urbanisation in India.
- Ensure representation of the EU and EU Member States in Indian national and local events.
- Coordination with other EU and EU MS initiative in India to feed into the high level urbanisation dialogue and other EU-India dialogues, namely in the field of water, air quality, resource efficiency and circular economy, clean energy, energy efficiency, greening urban transport, ICT solutions and climate change mitigation and adaptation in cities.
- Support policy development and implementation and capacity building of Indian stakeholders through studies, training, speakers events, webinars, workshops and study tours presenting EU best practices in smart and sustainable urbanisation.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree at master's level (or equivalent) in one of the following fields: social sciences, economics,geography, urban planning/development, architecture or a relevant, directly related discipline. Alternatively, a university degree at bachelor's level in one of the fields mentioned above and 4 years of full time proven relevant experience additional to the requested general professional experience.
- Excellent English language and fluent Hindi skills are a requirement.
- Proven organisational, mobilisation, and communication skills
General professional experience
- Worked minimum 10 years full time, after obtaining the post-graduate university degree, in the fields of urbanisation, environment, energy, public services, climate action or equivalent.
- Worked full time in international cooperation initiatives is an advantage
- Work experience with EU-funded initiatives will be a strong asset
Specific professional experience
- Worked minimum 7 years full-time in the fields of: sustainable urban development, climate action and/or sustainable energy in India;
- Relevant working experience in the fields covered by the project: water, air quality, resource efficiency and circular economy, clean energy, energy efficiency, greening urban transport, ICT solutions and climate change mitigation and adaptation in cities;
- Work experience with Indian Urban Initiatives such as AMRUT and/or Smart Cities Mission is a pre-requisite
- Relevant working experience with the EU Urban Agenda and EU policies and action in fields covered by the project will be a strong assetWorked on minimum two projects/assignments of similar nature of the current contract, which includes:
- Coordination / support to policy dialogues and inter-governmental partnerships, negotiations and exchange initiatives;
- Development, organization and facilitation of high level visibility events;
- Support policy development, implementation and capacity building of national and subnational government entities and civil society stakeholders;
- Planning and implementation of studies, trainings, speaker events, webinars, workshops, exchange visits, and study tours, including high-level participants
- Navigating and coordinating individual components within larger donor-funded initiatives
Karen Reschenberg firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA