National long-term expert - Development of cooperatives / informal agricultural networks / cooperation management
The project Strengthening the Resilience of Smallholder farmers, Micro and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises and Local Communities primarily follows BMZ strategy paper 02/2020 Strategy on Transitional Development Assistance. The transitional development assistance measure planned aims to strengthen the resilience of vulnerable groups and is divided into three fields of action. These fields are:
- strengthening the agricultural sector,
- funding for MSMEs and start-up funding, as well as
- promotion of social cohesion at the local level.
The project therefore contributes to the implementation of the BMZ Strategy on Transitional Development Assistance and particularly assists with field of action 1 'Food and nutrition security' and 4 'Peaceful and inclusive communities' set out in the strategy. By strengthening production capacities in the country and promoting local economic and business cycles, a contribution to the crosscutting issue of employment security will also be made.
The project, particularly, aims to strengthen the socio-economic resilience of vulnerable farmers, agricultural associations and cooperatives, vulnerable MSMEs involved in food processing, and other value chains downstream of agriculture that can no longer sustain their production due to the crisis or do not adapt their production methods and products to the changed market conditions.
- Capacity and performance analysis of cooperatives;
- Development of cooperatives;
- Building of informal agricultural networks;
- Cooperation management (including the Ministry for agriculture and the Ministry for trade);
- Close coordination and cooperation with expert 2 and development of joint training approaches for farmers and cooperatives/lose farmers networks.
- University degree (master’s) in agriculture, economics, or social science;
- Very good knowledge of Arabic (C2) and of English (C1) in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages;
- 10 years of professional experience in the agriculture, economics, or development studies;
- 7 years of professional experience in networking and cooperation management in the field of agriculture;
- 5 years of experience working on development cooperation projects.
Regine Reuter email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA