Nutrition Education, Training, Curriculum Development and Communication for Behavioural Change Expert print
The purpose of the project is to provide professional and technical services to support the Government of Malawi to implement interventions of Afikepo nutrition programme in Malawi. The aim of Afikepo is to enhance nutrition security of targeted groups in 10 selected districts through in Malawi by improving nutritional status of targeted groups through:
- increased and diversified dietary intake of safe and nutritious foods;
- increased use of enhanced nutrition knowledge and awareness and hygiene practices;
- strengthened multi-sectoral governance of nutrition at all levels.
The proposed Nutrition Education Expert will specifically be in charge of education and social behavioural change and communication (SBCC) related activities, which include support in development and review of nutrition, education and communication strategy (NECS), and plan on nutrition andregular bulletins, a research agenda, harmonisation and quality improvement of existing available training and advocacy materials supporting all the three components of Afikepo and assistance to resource mapping. He/she will be responsible for supporting nutrition curricula reviews, development, piloting, training and implementation
Please contact us with your CV for the full Terms of Reference
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Masters' degree in any or the following: nutrition education, food and nutrition security or agriculture and nutrition, public health nutrition or community nutrition, or food, nutrition and livelihood security;
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition projects in multicultural environments;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition projects in areas of development and operational research and analytical services.
General professional experience
- At least 5 years proven experience working in curricula development and reviews and/or education and communications on donor-funded programmes/projects in developing countries;
- At least one year of work experience in food and nutrition projects in Africa and preferably in Southern African countries will be seen as an advantage;
- At least one year of work experience in food and nutrition projects in Malawi will be considered an asset;
- At least one year of work experience with working with bilateral and/or multilateral development partners.
Specific professional experience
- 5 years proven experience with work related to curricula assessment, development or education and social behavioural change communication materials, review and/or implementation of food and nutrition interventions in developing countries;
- At least one year of work experience in food and nutrition projects in developing and implementing inter-sectoral nutrition education and communication strategy and programmes on nutrition;
- Experience in facilitating the development and implementation of education, communication or behavioural and advocacy strategies for nutrition;
- At least one year of work experience on the development, harmonisation and dissemination of nutrition advocacy materials based on results from operational research, monitoring and best practices (linking research to extension);
- At least one year of work experience with EDF rules and procedures will be seen as an advantage.
Alvean Fentener email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA