Senior Consultant / Project Coordinator (m/f/d) with experience in Banking and Finance
We make the world a little better...
as a leading European consulting company working in international development cooperation.
Since 1982, we have implemented numerous projects and studies in over 130 countries, focusing on topics of global importance. We are dedicated to improving people’s lives around the world and providing technical advisory services to state and non-state actors. We promote sustainability in our international projects as well as at our headquarters in Hamburg because we contribute to achieving the world’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our multinational and multicultural team of professionals is at the heart of our success.
In the Financial Systems Development (FSD) Department, we focus on consultancy services related to banking, Green / Sustainable Finance, small business lending as well as Agricultural & Rural Finance. Among our main clients are EBRD, AFC, Proparco, EIB, KfW, GIZ, World Bank, ADB as well as commercial banks and non-bank financial institutions.
If you are passionate about international cooperation and enjoy working in an international environment with space for you to contribute your ideas for a better world, join the GFA team as an open-minded and versatile Senior Consultant / Project Coordinator (m/f/d) in banking and finance with business acumen and experience in business development.
- Business development – you support the acquisition process for development finance projects, including the identification of opportunities, preparation of expressions of interest and technical proposals, and other related activities. The successful applicant is expected to manage and lead major tender processes
- Project Management and Quality Assurance – as Project Manager or Director you coordinate the implementation of sustainable development projects and support the project management of on-going projects and provide guidance and strategic direction to project teams on site and Hamburg-based
- Technical Inputs – provide the occasional consultancy, fact-finding missions and problem solving in major projects.
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Active contribution to the further development of the thematic area of green and sustainable finance
- University degree (MA) in economics, business administration, finance, engineering, environmental management or related fields
- Relevant working experience, preferable in commercial banks or other financial consultancy firms;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the context of development cooperation and in one of the following fields: Green /Sustainable Finance, MSME Lending, Agricultural & Rural Finance. Knowledge of the EU Taxonomy for sustainable finance and TCFD recommendations is an advantage.
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (e.g. AFD, EIB, EBRD); a profound understanding of the strategies and policies of the relevant donor agencies will be an asset
- Working experience in developing countries and/or threshold countries.
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English is a prerequisite; proficiency in French, Portuguese or Russian is considered a strong asset;
- Willingness to travel to the countries of operation
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex situations under tight schedules
- Ability to work in intercultural teams
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to:
Regine Reuter firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA