Consultant / Project coordinator (m/f/d) in Public Health (Pandemic Preparedness, Epidemiology or Digital Health)
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world.
We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes more than ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
The core business of our health department, GFA Medica, is to support health sector reforms in developing and transition countries. The health department now has a job opening for a Public Health Expert (m/f/d) with relevant experience in Pandemic Preparedness, Epidemiology or Digital Health. It concerns a full-time position in Hamburg with travels to Africa and Asia. The position should be filled as soon as possible. Start envisaged for January 2023 or sooner.
- A university degree in a relevant field, e.g. Public Health, International or Global Health, Epidemiology or another field relevant to international development assistance in Health;
- A postgraduate degree or qualification in epidemiology, DHIS2 / HMIS, One Health, Digital Health (Systems)or Hospital Management is an advantage;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in health sector development cooperation;
- Preferably with experience in Pandemic Preparedness, Epidemiology or Surveillance; Digital Health;
- Experience in consulting and/or advisory services is an asset;
- Familiarity with procurement and tendering procedures of funding agencies in the health sector is an asset;
- Excellent writing skills and experience in writing technical reports or project proposals is an asset;
- Proven ability to work in a team with professionals in a multicultural context;
- Willingness to travel;
- Full proficiency in English and very good French; German is an asset;
- Nationality of one of the EU-member countries or valid working permit for Germany;
- Availability starting January 2023 or sooner;
- Advanced proficiency in the use of standard MS Office;
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Client oriented communication, curiosity, flexibility, pragmatism, improvisation skills, demanding in terms of own work standards, social competence and stress resistance.
We work at the heart of International Cooperation; finding solutions to global challenges through our projects and diverse team of employees from all over the world. In this context, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
To support a better work-life-balance in our family-oriented company, we offer flexible working hours, home office days, fitness club discounts and a public transport reimbursement program. Our sense of community at work is very important. We regularly organize social events for colleagues.
If you’re interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV to Ms Alvean Fentener at Fentener@gfa-group.de
referring to job code MED-DEU22GFA0045/6
Please note that suitable candidates will be interviewed before the application deadline.
Alvean Fentener email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA