GFA Consulting Group, established in 1982, is one of the leading German consulting companies in international development cooperation. GFA Medica is the Health Department of GFA. Our core business is the provision of consulting services as well as managing projects in developing and transition countries to support their health sector reforms financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. We have a vacancy for a public health expert, who will provide technical and administrative support to our project acquisition and implementation.
It's a full-time position in Hamburg with travels to Africa and Asia.
Your tasks will include:
- Managing the acquisition process of health projects including the preparation of technical and financial proposals as well as conducting fact finding missions mostly in Africa and Asia;
- Managing GFA projects including technical support, monitoring, reporting, financial administration and project on-site visits;
- Conducting short-term consultancy missions including feasibility studies;
- Establishing and maintaining networks and professional relationships with experts, partners and clients;
- Contributing to GFA knowledge and quality management systems, including developing concepts, writing publications and giving presentations.
Our health department offers:
- A position in our multi-lingual and multi-disciplinary dynamic team driven by high quality standards and enthusiasm for our work;
- The opportunity to build or widen your skills in acquisition and project management;
- The possibility to engage in short-term consultancy and backstopping missions in broad and diverse country settings;
- Collaboration with several major funding agencies in the health sector;
- A full-time position with the option to receive a permanent contract.
- Continuous skills development and further training;
- A comprehensive set of benefits, e.g. family-oriented company policy, fitness club discounts, public transport reimbursement program, flexible working hours;
- A companywide sustainability concept;
- Events for and with employees.
- Strong interest and proven experience in the health sector;
- A university degree in a relevant field, e.g. Public Health, Medicine, Nursing, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Economics, and/or a professional health related qualification;
- postgraduate degree in public health, global health, health economics or similar;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in health sector development cooperation;
- Experience in consulting and/or advisory services is an asset;
- Familiarity with procurement and tendering procedures of funding agencies in the health sector is an asset;
- Excellent writing skills and experience in writing technical reports or project proposals is an asset;
- Proven ability to work in a team with professionals in a multicultural context;
- Willingness to travel;
- Full proficiency in English and French; German is an asset;
- Nationality of one of the EU-member countries or valid working permit for Germany;
- Advanced proficiency in the use of standard MS Office;
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Client oriented communication, curiosity, flexibility, pragmatism, improvisation skills, demanding in terms of own work standards, social competence and stress resistance.
- PLEASE NOTE: suitable candidates may be interviewed before application deadline.
Alvean Fentener firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA