Public Health Expert
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes more than ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
The core business of our health department, GFA Medica, is to support health sector reforms in developing and transition countries.
Join our team in the health department and contribute to our success. We have a full time job opening at our headquarters in Hamburg for an Expert in Public Health which we wish to fill as soon as possible
Your tasks will include:
• Managing the acquisition process of health projects including the preparation of technical and financial proposals as well as conducting fact finding missions mostly in Africa and Asia;
• Managing GFA projects including technical support, monitoring, reporting, financial administration and project on-site visits;
• Conducting short-term consultancy missions including feasibility studies;
• Establishing and maintaining networks and professional relationships with experts, partners and clients;
• Contributing to GFA’s knowledge and quality management systems, including developing concepts, writing publications and giving presentations.
- A university degree in a relevant field, e.g. Public Health, Medicine, Nursing, Health Economics, and/or a professional health related qualification;
- A postgraduate degree in public health, international health, global health or similar;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in health sector development cooperation;
- Experience in consulting and/or advisory services is an asset;
- Familiarity with procurement and tendering procedures of funding agencies in the health sector is an asset;
- Excellent writing skills and experience in writing technical reports or project proposals is an asset;
- Proven ability to work in a team with other professionals in a multicultural context;
- Willingness to travel;
- Full proficiency in English and French; German is an asset;
- Nationality of one of the EU-member countries or valid working permit for Germany;
- Advanced proficiency in the use of standard MS Office;
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Client oriented communication, curiosity, flexibility, pragmatism, improvisation skills, demanding in terms of own work standards, social competence and stress resistance.
Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Our workplace in the green outskirts of the vibrant city of Hamburg can easily be reached by public transport for which GFA offers the monthly pass subscription at a reduced price.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
To apply send your motivation letter and CV by email to Ms. Alvean Fentener at Fentener@gfa-group.de referring to job code MED-DEU20GFA0011/5.
Please note that suitable candidates may be interviewed before the application deadline of 30 September 2020.
Alvean Fentener email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA