GFA Consulting Group, established in 1982, is one of the leading German consulting companies in international development cooperation.
GFA Medica is the Health Department of GFA. Our core business is the provision of consulting services as well as managing projects in developing and transition countries to support their health sector reforms financed through bilateral and multilateral funds.
At present we have a vacancy for an Expert in Public Health. Duty station will be Hamburg with travels to Africa and Asia. The position is fulltime and should be filled as soon as possible.
You will provide technical and administrative support to our project acquisition and implementation and be based in the beautiful city of Hamburg in the North of Germany.
Your tasks will include:
• Managing the acquisition process of health projects including the preparation of technical and financial proposals as well as conducting fact finding missions mostly in Africa and Asia;
• Managing GFA projects including technical support, monitoring, reporting, financial administration and project on-site visits;
• Conducting short-term consultancy missions including feasibility studies;
• Establishing and maintaining networks and professional relationships with experts, partners and clients;
• Contributing to GFA knowledge and quality management systems, including developing concepts, writing publications and giving presentations.
- A university degree in a relevant field, e.g. Public Health, Medicine, Nursing, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Economics, and/or a professional health related qualification;
- A postgraduate degree in public health, global health, health economics or similar;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in health sector development cooperation;
- Experience in consulting and/or advisory services is an asset;
- Familiarity with procurement and tendering procedures of funding agencies in the health sector is an asset;
- Excellent writing skills and experience in writing technical reports or project proposals is an asset;
- Proven ability to work in a team with professionals in a multicultural context;
- Willingness to travel;
- Full proficiency in English and French; German is an asset;
- Nationality of one of the EU-member countries or valid working permit for Germany;
- Advanced proficiency in the use of standard MS Office;
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Client oriented communication, curiosity, flexibility, pragmatism, improvisation skills, demanding in terms of own work standards, social competence and stress resistance.
• A position in our multi-lingual and multi-disciplinary dynamic team driven by high quality standards and enthusiasm for our work;
• The opportunity to build or broaden your skills in acquisition and project management;
• The possibility to engage in short-term consultancy and backstopping missions in broad and diverse country settings;
• Collaboration with several major funding agencies in the health sector;
• A full-time position with the option to become permanent
To apply send your motivation letter and CV by email to Ms. Alvean Fentener at Fentener@gfa-group.de referring to job code MED-DEU21GFA0045/5.
Please note that suitable candidates may be interviewed before the application deadline of September 15, 2021.
Alvean Fentener firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our
CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA