RE Policy expert
The project will promote Sustainable Energy in Tajikistan by supporting the institutional, legal and regulatory environment in the energy sector, improving the capacities and efficiency of the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (MoEWR), Barqi Tajik operators (BT Generation, Transmission Operator and System Operators), as well as the Electricity Regulation Department of the Antimonopoly Service. This will make the electricity market fairer and more transparent, based on non-discriminatory and cost-reflective tariffs and thus attractive for the private sector, and able to cope with the requirements of an efficient regional power market. The project will enhance the interaction and coordination between energy and water sector stakeholders, and support activities that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve climate change adaptation.
The proposed Policy expert will be responsible for directly implementing activities related to SO1: An enhanced Governance of the Energy Sector and its medium- and long-term gender-responsive development vision is established for the Green Transition of the Power Sector in Tajikistan, but also provide support to the Legal expert and activities under SO2, where applicable: Improved Legal and Regulatory frameworks for the establishment of a transparent, effective, competitive power market in Tajikistan.
The expert should support the review/development of the country's Vision for the Energy Sector, introducing the Energy-Water Nexus approach into national Energy Policies, national Strategies and Strategic Plans.
- At least Master’s Degree academic level in engineering, law or management, or in the absence of such Master’s Degree – an academic degree in relevant field with more than 15 years of professional experience in energy sector law&policy;
- Fluency in oral and written English (at least C1 level) is essential;
- Fluency in oral and written Russian (at least B2 level) is a strong asset;
- Minimum 12 years of general professional experience in energy sector;
- Working experience with EU sustainable energy and environmental legislation;
- Minimum 10 years of cumulated experience in institutional and/or policy development and/or in implementing/advising on institutional/policy reform processes in an international cooperation context;
- Experience in providing capacity building and leading policy dialogue on the development of strategies, policies or action plans in the Water and Energy Nexus;
- At least 3 years of international working experience in energy sector governance and legal counsel;
- At least 1 year of working experience in development co-operation matters;
- Relevant experience in Central Asian countries would be an asset.
Severine Rix firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA