Senior Financial Management Specialist Kosovo
The U.S. government’s Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and the Government of the Republic of Kosovo have signed a $202 million Compact. The Compact implementation includes Fiscal Agent Services, which is expected to start in 2023.
In its capacity, the Fiscal Agent shall diligently oversee, discharge and perform all services necessary to achieve the optimum value for the monies expended while ensuring that all financial transactions are conducted in strict compliance with principles, rules and procedures set out in the Compact and its Supplemental Agreements.
GFA Consulting Group, based in Hamburg, Germany, has a sound track record in providing Fiscal Agent Services for MCC projects all over the world.
The Senior Payment Specialist / Senior Financial Management Specialist will support the team leader in the execution of the overall responsibilities of the contract. Moreover, the candidate will bear specific responsibility as follows:
- Final approval and authorization of all payments
- Cash-flow / budget planning and fund utilization monitoring
- Maintenance of interim filing system (physical and electronic) for all documents required for approval and authorization of payments
- Resolution of all approval and authorization problems including participation with the Team Leader/FAM in any major problems and resolutions
- Supervision of local Payment Specialists
- Conduct payments procedures education programs
- VAT issues and if exist VAT-related data entry staff
- Team participation in other requirements such as Fiscal Accountability Plan and Audit Plans
The Senior Financial Management Specialist will at a minimum possess the following qualifications, skills and professional experience:
- Master in Business Administration / Finance and Accounting and/or Certified Public/Chartered Accountant (ACCA, CA or CPA). Significant audit experience is an advantage.
- Training in business, economics, finance, accounting, public administration, or related field.
- Professional financial management qualification or specialized training.
- 10 years or more of experience in accounting, budgeting, auditing, financial management and reporting.
- Excellent working experience in payment operations, funds control, cash and commitment management, internal controls and international accounting standards
- Experience working in projects financed by international donors. Working experience for MCC, USAID, WB, Global Fund is a strong asset.
- Excellent working experience with automated financial management applications. Experience with SAP is an advantage.
- Experience with US government regulation is an advantage.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office –Excel, Word and Power Poin
- Working experience in Eastern Europe
Andrea Leber firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA