Sector Expert for Construction & Building Technologies in Japan
The “EU Gateway and Business Avenues Program” was created in 1990 to strengthen the presence of European companies – specifically SMEs – in key markets and thus contribute to economic growth and job creation in the European Union. The ongoing phase of the program started in 2016 and covers the target markets China, South Korea, South East Asia (Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, The Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, possibly Myanmar) and Japan.
The program organizes business missions for European enterprises to the target markets and supports the enterprises with a comprehensive coaching program before and during the missions.
Each business mission will be organized around one of ten specific sectors:
- Environment & Water Technologies
- Green Energy Technologies
- Clean Technologies
- Construction & Building Technologies
- Healthcare & Medical Technologies
- Information & Communication Technologies
- Railway Technologies & Services
- Food Safety Technologies & Services
- Contemporary European Design
- Organic Food & Beverages
The EU Gateway Central Management Unit (CMU) is responsible for supporting the selection of enterprises that apply for participation in the business missions. Up to 50 enterprises for each mission are to be selected from 100-150 applications.
The Sector Expert for Construction & Building Technologies in Japan will assess between 100 and 150 European companies on the demand and competitiveness of the applying EU Company’s products / technologies in the Japanese market. The assessment will be undertaken along three main assessment categories:
- Business strategy – with four assessment questions
- Capacity and visibility - with four assessment questions
- Market potential - with four assessment questions
The Expert will make all assessments and scoring online directly into the EU Gateway | Business Avenue Integrated Information Management System. The expert may supplement the information in the application with publicly available information about the EU Company.
- A university degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering, Construction Technologies, Building Technologies or related fields
- Fluency in speaking, writing and reading English
- Demonstrated writing and analytical skills and
- Fully computer literate
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years’ experience in Construction & Building Technologies, Smart grids, green buildings; Machinery sector; building materials
- Broad knowledge of trends in the Construction & Building Technologies sector in Japan is a requirement
- Prior experience in Japan would be an asset
Specific professional experience:
At least 8 years of experience in industries, consulting, sector organisations, research,
science or academia relevant to the Construction & Building Technologies sector.
Please note that due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
Theda Matthiesen firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA