Senior Accounting Specialist Kosovo
|Posted on:||30 Aug, 2022|
|Application by:||30 Sep, 2022|
|Project title:||Millennium Challenge Account Fiscal Agent Services Kosovo
|Period of project:||2023-2028|
|Duration of assignment:||One year with prolongation for up to 5 one-year options|
The U.S. government’s Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and the Government of the Republic of Kosovo have signed a $202 million Compact. The Compact implementation includes Fiscal Agent Services, which is expected to start in 2023.
In its capacity, the Fiscal Agent shall diligently oversee, discharge and perform all services necessary to achieve the optimum value for the monies expended while ensuring that all financial transactions are conducted in strict compliance with principles, rules and procedures set out in the Compact and its Supplemental Agreements.
GFA Consulting Group, based in Hamburg, Germany, has a sound track record in providing Fiscal Agent Services for MCC projects all over the world.
The Senior Accountant Specialist will support the team leader in the execution of the overall responsibilities of the contract. Moreover, the candidate will bear specific responsibility as follows:
Detailed Tasks Assigned
- Responsible for the maintenance and any potential upgrade of the automated accounting system including accounting software, charts of accounts, accounting rules and procedures, data entry, month-end closure of accounts, budget recording, general ledger accounting, etc.
- Supporting the FAM in producing all required ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually financial reports, both for MCA and MCC
- Participation in the review of project deliverables such as FAP, Audit Plans, DRP etc.
- Responsible for bank accounts, bank reconciliations, CPS reconciliation and cash reporting
- Responsible for the maintenance of a filing system (physical and electronic)
- Participation in capacity building related to accounting/reporting
- Supervision of local accounting specialists
- Reporting to the FAM
The Senior Accounting Specialist will at a minimum possess the following qualifications, skills and professional experience:
- Education or training in economics, finance, accounting, or related field
- Professional financial management/accountancy qualification or specialized training.
- Significant experience working as a professional accountant (at least 8 years)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in working with IFRS or U.S. GAAP.
- Experience working in projects financed by international donors. Working experience for MCC, USAID, WB, Global Fund is a strong asset
- Demonstrated experience in the design, maintenance and use of automated financial management and accounting systems. Experience with SAP-based systems an asset
- Demonstrated accounting experience in project implementation activities
- Work experience in Eastern Europe
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required
Andrea Leber firstname.lastname@example.org