Senior Key Expert - SAAFS Programming Expert
The Advisory Services for Resilient Agri-Food System (ASRAFS) is a technical assistance “Facility” that provides expertise to DG INTPA (ex DEVCO) unit F.3 in charge of Sustainable Aquatic and Agrifood systems (SAAFS).
ASRAFS provides technical assistance through a core team of currently 4 key experts and significant engagement of non-key experts (over 2,000 NKE working days used since project start).
This position is part of ASRAFS’ core team composed by a SAAFS Policy Expert (Team Leader), an Economics and public finance expert (KE 2), a Communication and Knowledge sharing expert (KE 3) and a Data Management expert (KE 5).
ASRAFS’ mission is to support DG INTPA F.3 Staff at headquarter level on SAAFS policies, programmes, M&E, reporting, quality assurance and communication. ASRAFS also provides technical assistance to EU delegations (remotely or through field missions) and this support is expected to increase with the present recruitment.
Results to be achieved in the project are:
- Result 1: High quality policies, programme and investments.
- Result 2: Knowledge & Communication
Under the overall supervision of ASRAFS Team Leader, KE 6 is expected to provide technical assistance and advisory services on SAAFS/FNSSA related topics (in particular sustainable agriculture, sustainable value-chains, climate change adaptation, food and nutrition security, resilience to food crises…).
The position aims to reinforce ASRAFS’ team in the support of F.3 or EUD, in particular to track the implementation of MIPs of the NDICI programmes. This will include but will not be limited to the following tasks:
- Support INTPA F.3 in the quality review process;
- Comment and provide feedback on the Strategic Steering Committee Fiches, Annual or Multiannual Action Programmes (AAP/MAAP) or Action Documents (AD);
- Coordinate identified NKEs to support the quality review process (depending on geographical and thematic scope);
- At time conduct, field mission in support to INTPA F.3 / EUD (identification, formulation, evaluation).
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in agriculture, economics, agricultural economics or other relevant field is required - A bachelor's degree with a combination of two additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master's degree;
- Advanced knowledge of EU global policy framework and initiatives for SAAFS in development cooperation;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Ability to work in English and French, with strong drafting skills in English required to draft documents to a high standard, and compliant with EU corporate style;
- Excellent planning and management skills;
- Fully computer literate, proficient user of Microsoft Suite and good understanding of database software;
General professional experience
- At least 12 years of professional experience working in development cooperation or humanitarian assistance;
- Preferably more than 6 years’ professional experience covering the formulation, implementation and evaluation of policies, programmes and projects in areas related to FNSSA or SAAFS in developing countries;
- Significant (preferably over 5 years) experience working in least developed or middle income countries, including as short-term expert;
- At least 5 years of experience with international organisations (EU, UN, WB…), government or intergovernmental organisations, or other organisations providing institutional support to State and/or parastatal structures;
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years of experience in least developed or middle income countries implementing SAAFS-related programmes;
- At least 2 significant field experiences in managing an EU-funded projects or programmes in developing countries, in a INTPA F.3 relevant domain, including as short-term expert;
- Demonstrable command of the latest SAAFS/FNSSA developments, technical innovations, initiatives in the research and practitioners’ spheres;
- Experience with EU contractual procedures, Programme Cycle Management (Multi-annual Indicative Programmes (MIP), Mid-Term Review (MTR), Annual or Multiannual Action Programmes (AAP/MAAP), Action Documents (AD);
- Experiences in working in a EU Delegation/INTPA or providing technical assistance to EU Delegations in FNSSA or SAAFS-related fields is a strong asset;
- Good command of F.3 Results Framework is an asset;
- Collaborative attitude in working with other KE/NKE or staff from DG INTPA or EUD;
- High flexibility is expected to be able to accommodate F.3 requests, sometimes at short-notice;
- Home-based position, the expert needs to be based in Europe and be able to travel to Brussels - at times at short notice.
- Format: CV in EU tender format
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled
For any information, please contact:
- Marlene Kuehling – GFA Coordinator: Marlene.Kuehling@gfa-group.de
Guilherme Benevides Benevides@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our Information on our processing of personal data and rights as a job applicant (EN)/ Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung und Rechte als BewerberIn (DE)