The project consists in the establishment and management of two support facilities delivering similar services to support EU international cooperation in the areas of 1) green economy and 2) water and sanitation.
The SWITCH to Green Facility will support the further development and implementation of the EU SWITCH to Green flagship initiative. It will also support efforts to contribute to the green economy transition across the broader EU international cooperation portfolio, notably through quality support to new actions in relevant sectors. The Facility will deliver support through a team of key experts, assisted by short-term experts to be hired on a needs basis, and with a budget for incidental expenditure.
The main areas of intervention of the SWITCH to Green flagship, which the Facility will support, cover in particular:
- Enabling green economy policy and institutional frameworks, to ensure coherence between environmental and economic policies, and providing support to public institutions while promoting private sector and civil society participation in policy development;
- Green business development, with a focus on the adoption of sustainable consumption and production practices by MSMEs
- Access to finance and the greening of investments, to improve capacities and practices of both businesses and finance institutions and to finance the green economy transition.
Under the guidance of the team leader, the expert will provide outputs contributing to the identification and formulation of actions and dialogue on green economy.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in economics, natural resources management, environmental science, development studies or related disciplines;
- Knowledge of the green economy concept, related policies and best practices, in the EU and in developing countries;
- Knowledge of aid delivery methods and the project cycle management; knowledge of EU development cooperation in particular would be an asset;
- Good communication and drafting skills;
- Fluency in English required; Knowledge of French and/or Spanish and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience in the context of international cooperation and working on green economy related issues
Specific professional experience
- Experience with the identification, formulation and/ or appraisal of development programmes in areas related to the green economy;
- At least 2 years of experience in developing countries (in situ) or at least 5 short term missions in developing countries.
Mathis Salfeld Salfeld@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA