Team Leader - EU - Lesotho
The European Union’s cooperation strategy with Lesotho, the Multi-Annual Indicative Programme 2021-2027, focusses on two priority areas: (1) green and resilient economy and (2) good governance, peaceful and just society.
Under the first priority area, EU cooperation aims to facilitate Lesotho’s move towards a circular economy that becomes increasingly sustainable and self-sufficient with regard to energy generation and consumption and that provides affordable access for all to energy, water and sanitation. Under the second priority area, EU cooperation supports the process of national reforms undertaken by Lesotho and the improvement of service delivery to the citizenry, particularly social protection.
The objective of this project is to establish a Cooperation Facility to mobilize long- and short-term expertise in a flexible, timely and demand driven manner to support the preparation and implementation of national strategies, EU cooperation, as well as strategic communication and public diplomacy activities, following an audience-segmented communication approach.
The Team Leader is responsible for the overall management of the project and the achievement of results. S/he will be responsible for coordinating individual experts’ inputs and for reporting, including financial reporting.
The Team Leader should lead on the promotion / communication of the project. S/he will be the primary contact for the EU.
General and specific professional experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master degree) or equivalent in a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment such as Energy, Social Sciences, Economics, Water and Sanitation, or equivalent;
- Fluency in written and spoken English (C1 level);
- Project management skills: -Proven experience as a team leader in managing larger technical assistance projects/programmes (over 2.Million EUR);
- Minimum 10 years of general professional experience in a sector relevant to the scope of the assignment (e.g., sustainable energy, green and resilient economy, good governance, water and sanitation);
- Relevant regional working experience in sub-Saharian Africa related to the technical assistance services,
- Knowledge of EU procedures / EU Policies / EU Service Contracts is an strong asset;
- Experience in Public Diplomacy and/or communication and media is an asset ;
Barbara Muratori email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA