Team Leader - Green Economy
The Overall Objective of this Project is to contribute to the development of a green, environmentally sustainable and socially inclusive post COVID-19 economy through the enhanced implementation of Jordan’s green growth strategy and action plan.
It will be to provide the main stakeholders (including public, private, local authorities, NGOs, CSOs, Academia actors) and main beneficiaries with related technical assistance, in order to enable the institutions to implement the related actions as per the Green Economy Programm and the sector strategy and relevant policies.
Further, the project will help to sustain a national policy dialogue process that feeds into the sector development and monitoring.
Some of the Specific(s) Objective(s) (Outcomes) of this project are:
- To enhance sustainable and efficient production and consumption patterns in the industrial sector;
- To strengthen the coordination and sustainable resource management in the energy, water and agriculture sectors (nexus);
- To promote sustainable public and private transport;
- To enhance circular economy and improved local biodiversity and nature conservation.
The Team Leader will be responsible for the overall planning and implementation of the project including: timely submission of required reports, co-ordination of all project activities and aspects, organizing and supervising all project management matters, lead drafting of the strategic documents resulting from the project and management of the team of experts.
The Team Leader is also responsible for presenting the project outputs to relevant stakeholders, Government of Beneficiary country and the Contracting Authority within the agreed timetable.
General professional experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master degree) or equivalent in a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment such as Sustainable Energy ,Sustainable Agriculture / Green Deal , Water , Transport , Economics or equivalent;
- Fluency in written and spoken English (C1 level);
- Project management skills: -Proven experience as a team leader in managing larger technical assistance projects or programs (over 2.Million EUR);
- At least 15 years of general professional experience;
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of specific experience in a relevant sector with background in Green Economy: sustainable energy, green and resilient economy, water management, environment, agriculture, transport, industry);
- Experience in providing advice on the national and/or regional level in the environmental management, or sustainable development, or climate change, or green economy / green growth;
- Experience in the EU funded projects in MENA region as well the knowledge of the European Neighborhood Instrument (ENI) financial mechanism is an asset;
- Knowledge of EU procedures / EU Policies/ EU Service Contracts is a strong asset,
Please note that we will only contact shortlisted applicants. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
Barbara Muratori firstname.lastname@example.org
+49 40 60306 222
Please read carefully our Information on our processing of personal data and rights as a job applicant (EN)/ Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung und Rechte als BewerberIn (DE)