Team Leader - KFW - Sustainable Land Management - Ethiopia
The 5th phase of the Sustainable Land Management Programme (SLM V), financed by the German Financial Cooperation and implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Ethiopia, intends to reduce land degradation of the Lake Chamo Basin through sustainable land management and restoration measures in the basin area, thereby increasing livelihood- and food security of small farm households. The project area comprises 10 identified Woredas/special Woredas covering the entire catchment of Lake Chamo (Chamo Basin).
The Financial Cooperation measure under Sustainable Land Management V has several components:
- Investments in integrated watershed- and landscape management;
- Landscape restoration and watershed management
- Climate-smart agriculture
- Employment creation, value chains and livelihoods
- Capacity building, monitoring and knowledge management;
- Project management.
- Initiation and implementation of a participatory process, presumably via contractors (e.g. NGOs), and supervision of their activities; this participatory process is anticipated to be of a long-term nature.
- Detailed design of SLM infrastructure, elaboration of related tender documents for contractors
- Support to contracting of an independent social compliance auditor to audit safeguard activities
- Set-up of overall and annual work plans
- Financial and procurement management (financial plans, procurement plan, operations manual etc)
- Elaboration of an appropriate O&M concept for the water storage infrastructure (funding and implementation)
- Elaboration of Terms of Reference for ESIA/ESMP consultant, and supervision of related activities
- Supervision of contractor works
- Contracting of NGOs and other service providers for the implementation of soft measures and safeguards, and oversight/monitoring of their activities
- Guaranteeing the application and fulfilment of relevant KfW Guidelines; correspondent advice to MWE
- Contract management, project public relations, regular M&E, reporting, backstopping and other general issues.
- Postgraduate university degree in a discipline of Agricultural Economy, rural development, water resource management or in another relevant discipline;
- Work experience in countries with similar socio-economic conditions like Ethiopia, especially in the east African region would be an asset;
- Experience as team leader / coordinator / project manager preferably in similar comprehen-sive long-term project assignments;
- Work experience with donor-funded projects, especially experience with German Financial Cooperation would be a strong asset;
- At least 10 years of practical professional experience in areas such as:
- Implementing sustainable land management projects, incl. agricultural development, natural resource management, income generating activities;
- Implementing soil and water conservation or integrated watershed development projects, incl. hydrological aspects and rural engineering;
- Implementing biodiversity conservation projects, including support zone development in the vicinity of protected areas;
- Project management of implementation projects, in particular FC-financed projects, funds and financial management and accounting;
- Distinct experience in social and environmental safeguards and management (development of documents, implementing of safeguard plans, supervision and reporting):
CV to email@example.com
Roman Monchy firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA