Ethiopia is one of the fastest-growing economies on the African continent with economic growth of around 7.5 % in 2016. The annual gross domestic product has more than doubled since 2011 and is estimated at USD 846 per capita in 2017. The vision of the second National Development Plan (Growth and Transformation Plan II, GTP II 2015/2016 - 2019/2020) is to become a middle-income country by 2025. In order to achieve this, the Ethiopian government in the GTP is focusing on modernising the agricultural sector and industrial development with a focus on light industry (metallurgy and textiles) and thus on an exponential increase in exports. These central strategies for economic development offer promising employment prospects, which, however, are currently not being realised.
Despite the dynamic development of the Ethiopian economy and the marked shortage of skilled workers, career and university graduates currently have only limited employment prospects because they are insufficiently qualified for the labour market. To counteract this, efforts are being made to ensure that training providers cooperate more closely with companies so that training measures are better tailored to actual needs, that potential employers become involved in training and studies and that the chances of finding skilled workers are improved. This is particularly promising in growth sectors and at newly emerging industrial locations. The aim of the module is as follows: graduates of vocational colleges and universities at selected locations will increasingly find employment in growth sectors.
- Overall responsibility for the consulting packages of GFA
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the contractor's services with other project services at local and national level.
- Design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures (CD) of the partners in the following areas:
- CD for the development and implementation of cooperative training models with the FTA, industry and representatives of the participating vocational schools and regional vocational school authorities.
- CD of the FTVETI and selected satellites for the training of master trainers
- Personnel management, in particular identifying the need for short-term deployments within the available budget as well as planning and management of deployments and supervision of local and international short-term specialists.
- Ensuring impact monitoring and regular and timely reporting
- Responsibility for controlling the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with the person responsible for the assignment (AV) of the GIZ
- Supporting the head of the vocational training and audio-visual component in updating and/or adapting the design of the project, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-up phase.
- The national long-term expert stationed in Addis Ababa is also involved in the coordination processes with the FTA and the partner structures at national level.
- Education: University degree (Diplom/ Master) in vocational education, engineering sciences, economics or comparable qualification
- General professional experience: 10 years experience in the vocational training sector in international cooperation
- Specific work experience: in two of the three specific service packages of the project (1. development/implementation of models of cooperative vocational education and training with business in the context of international cooperation, 2. initial and further training of teachers in the context of vocational education and training, 3. CD of vocational education and training institutions) and in the consideration of cross-cutting issues (gender/conflict) in project implementation
- Leadership experience/management: 5 years of leadership experience in the context of international cooperation, in particular proven experience in impact-oriented project management and monitoring, personnel management, financial management of projects, and reporting in English and German language
- Regional experience: 5 years experience in projects in the Africa region
- Country Experience: at least 2 years experience in Development Cooperation in Ethiopia
- Language: Business fluent German and English are required.
Liliana Tiedt firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA