Team Leader - International long-term expert in support to agriculture, entrepreneurship and value chain development
The project Strengthening the Resilience of Smallholder farmers, Micro and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises and Local Communities primarily follows BMZ strategy paper 02/2020 Strategy on Transitional Development Assistance. The transitional development assistance measure planned aims to strengthen the resilience of vulnerable groups and is divided into three fields of action. These fields are:
- strengthening the agricultural sector,
- funding for MSMEs and start-up funding, as well as
- promotion of social cohesion at the local level.
The project therefore contributes to the implementation of the BMZ Strategy on Transitional Development Assistance and particularly assists with field of action 1 'Food and nutrition security' and 4 'Peaceful and inclusive communities' set out in the strategy. By strengthening production capacities in the country and promoting local economic and business cycles, a contribution to the crosscutting issue of employment security will also be made.
The project, particularly, aims to strengthen the socio-economic resilience of vulnerable farmers, agricultural associations and cooperatives, vulnerable MSMEs involved in food processing, and other value chains downstream of agriculture that can no longer sustain their production due to the crisis or do not adapt their production methods and products to the changed market conditions.
- Overall responsibility for the advisory packages of the contractor;
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the contractor’s services with other services delivered by the project at local and national level;
- Design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners in the field of good agricultural practices;
- Taking cross-cutting themes into consideration (for example, gender equality);
- Staff management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, planning and managing the assignments and supporting local and international experts;
- Ensuring that monitoring procedures are carried out;
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines;
- Responsibility for checking the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with the officer responsible for the commission at GIZ;
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating and/or adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase or an exit strategy;
- Building and maintaining of networks, mediation of local processes.
- University degree (master’s) in agriculture, economics or social sciences
- Fluency in English (C1), knowledge of Arabic (B2) is an asset;
- 15 years of professional experience in agriculture, economics, development studies, of which 10 years in an international context;
- 10 years of professional experience with a focus on support to agriculture, entrepreneurship and value chain development;
- 10 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company;
- 10 years of work experience in Middle East and/or North Africa (MENA Region);
- 10 years of experience working on DC projects;
- Experience as team leader / coordinator / project manager preferably in similar comprehensive long-term project assignments;
- At least 5 years of project management of implementation projects, in particular FC-financed projects;
- Funds and financial management and accounting;
- Experience in social and environmental safeguards and management (development of documents, implementing of safeguard plans, supervision and reporting);
- Proven negotiation and moderation skills with senior decision makers;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Working experience in developing countries with similar socio-economic conditions;
Regine Reuter email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA