The project will be part of the larger EU Tanzania cooperation under the ACP-EU Partnership Agreement and within the National Indicative Programme (NIP) 2014-2020 financed under the 11th EDF. It falls under one of three action areas within the program “Agri-Connect Supporting value chains for shared prosperity”, which aim to contribute to linking the agricultural sector to markets and to implementing Tanzania’s new national Agriculture Sector Development Program (ASDP II). Agri-Connect will focus on four areas of support:
1. Improvement of sector enablers and business environment
2. Support to the tea, coffee and horticulture value chains
3. Improvement of selected rural roads
4. Raising awareness of good nutrition practices
The technical assistance services that will be tendered will support the implementation of the first component and will support the coordination of the overall programme.
The project that will be tendered will focus on four result areas: (a) improved policy, legislative and regulatory framework, by researching, analysing and promoting policy reforms options; (b) increased trade promotion services by providing capacity building for increased competitiveness; (c) improved sector governance, coordination and dialogue mechanisms across institutions and other actors; (d) increased capacity of District Authorities to support local level agriculture development and nutritional outcomes.
The proposed Team Leader in improvement of sector enablers and the business environment will facilitate a smooth and timely implementation of the program including coordination of the overall program and the mobilization of ad hoc expertise for short term assignments if needed. He/she will initiate, facilitate and monitor the change processes supported under the four results areas. He/she will be responsible for reporting to the program management bodies and for the EUD. He/she will also be responsible for the support of staff working under his/her authority and for the quality and timeliness of their deliverables.
· At least a Master's Degree (university or equivalent institution or a recognised professional qualification) in economics, public administration, political science, agriculture, rural development or a relevant, directly related discipline;
· At least 10 years and preferably 15 years of relevant professional experience working in management roles in developing countries in the fields of private sector development, including with framework conditions at national level or to impove improve policy, legislative and regulatory frameworks for private sector
· Preferably 10 years of professional experience in team management in charge of the design/implementation of large aid programme(s) but a minimum of 8 years required
· Proven experience with working with bilateral and/or multilateral development partners, previous experience working as a Team Leader of EU-funded projects and knowledge of and experience with EDF rules and procedures will be seen as an advantage.
· Several years of proven experience in designing and managing large Tecnical Advisory programmes focusing on rural development / agricultural value chains and private sector development
· 5 years proven experience with institutional and capacity development in the agricultural and/or private sector in East Africa and, preferably, in Tanzania;
· Proven experience with planning, budgeting and policy development in the public sector;
· Proven professional experience with developing policies, strategies, approaches, and tools for effective value chain development particularly with respect to trade promotion and improved business environment in donor-funded programs and projects;
· Fluency in both written and spoken English;
· Initiative, tact and proven ability to maintain harmonious working relationships in a multicultural setting with good leadership and team spirit;
Ingrid Wawrzynowicz email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA