The overall objective of this TA is to strengthen the capacity of participating financial intermediaries in both Malawi and Zambia, and to support final beneficiaries and smallholder integration in agri-food value chains. Support to gender equality and women’s financial inclusion and economic empowerment will also be key cross-cutting objectives.
The purpose of this TA Programme is to support access to finance for the agricultural sector by (i) enhancing the FI’s capacity to assess, execute and monitor longer-term investment projects in agri-food value chains that aim to integrate smallholder farmers in the respective value chain and (ii) supporting potential final beneficiary enterprises and groups of smallholder farmers to develop market linkages through off-take and service provision agreements and enhance group capabilities to develop and implement viable investment projects. The TA Programme is expected to strengthen capacities of several stakeholders, by providing guidance and tools on integrating smallholders into agricultural value chains.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree, pref. Masters level, in BA, Economics, Finance, Banking or related
- Fluency in English
- Working knowledge of native language would be an advantage
- Computer literacy including ability to use the advanced functions of MS office to create reports and customised spreadsheets for financial analysis and reporting purposes
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
General professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of agri-business finance as well as MSME lending, microfinance and/or banking sector (min 15 years professional experience - either working for a financial services provider or delivering direct capacity building to FIs);
- Good management skills as evidenced by at least 5 years in a recent senior management / team leader role;
- Good knowledge of EIB/DFI financing programmes and knowledge of the EIB’s Know Your Customer and AML procedures, as well as EIB’s Social and Environmental standards, would be an asset.
- Previous experience of assisting financial institutions to improve their social performance/achieve certification and knowledge of international standards would be an advantage
Specific professional experience
- Strong regional experience as demonstrated by at least 5 years of relevant international professional experience (based outside the country of origin), of which at least 3 years should have been spent managing financial services activities in at least one of the countries of SSA;
- At least 5 years of practical experience and proven track record in organising and delivering professional bank agri-finance training/coaching programmes;
- At least 5 years practical experience and proven track record in managing the provision of successful capacity building activities to FIs, including all of the following activities: conducting needs assessments and analysis of results, development of subsequent training and coaching plans, development of curricula and training materials, organisation and delivery of trainings.
- Previous experience of assisting FIs to improve their social performance/achieve SMART certification and knowledge of the USSPM
Romy Rösner Roesner@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA