International Team Leader - Senior Expert (m/f/d) in Economic Development (Expert 1)
The EU's development cooperation intends to support the government of the autonomous Region of Bangsamoro in the Muslim Mindanao of Philippines to strengthen and consolidate its agri-fishery and agribusiness sectors through the project “Technical Assistance to the Bangsamoro Agri-Enterprise Pro-gramme – BAEP”.
The project aims to achieve its goal through two complementary outcomes, the production side (Value chain development) and the commercialization side (Investment and market). As a project result, local agricultural production should be improved in quality, diversity, consolidation and its response to the needs of the market. Project will ensure that smallholders farmers (IPs, women and youth) in their respec-tive communities experience a sustained uplift in their incomes generated from farming/fishing. Focusing on quality farming/fishing systems will provide regular and consistent cash flows to the households. Similarly, the project (BAEP) will assist Bangsamoro Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) in facilitating export of agri fishery products and processed food within the Philippines and the BIMP-EAGA trade corridor.
The intervention area of the project will cover BARMM region in the Philippines, with a focus on rural and remote areas and especially the island Provinces of BaSulTa in this region. Target groups will be mainly consisted of (i) Cooperative and Social Enterprise Authority (CSEA), and but also to the various other BARMM government agencies closely involved in agri-business development with local communities, indigenous people, women and youth and demobilisation of ex-combatants; (ii) stakeholders of the ru-ral/island communities: Private Sector, NGOs, Universities, CSOs and NSAs, Local Government Unit rep-resentatives; (iii) the rural population especially indigenous people, women and youth engaged in agricul-tural and fishing livelihoods and income-generating activities; (iv) the local entrepreneurs providing VC services and trade facilitation to farmer clusters.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree (minimum MSc.) in Economics, Agro-economics, Social-economics sciences or business administration;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written command of English;
- Ability to interact in different cultural settings and to create good working relationships with peers and with political and professional hierarchies;
- Ability to facilitate meetings, seminars and workshops.
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant professional experience, out of which 8 years of relevant international experience in at least 2 developing countries;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a team leader in the management of a technical assistance contract in a relevant sector to this assignment (trade, economic cooperation, investment promotion or business-related services; agriculture, fisheries, rural development, environment, climate action, green growth, circular economy; good governance, public administration reform, post-conflict reconstruction or regional integration.);
- Strong expertise in rural development, in the agribusiness sector and/or in agri-fishery sector structural issues; for a minimum of 5 years;
- Experience in providing institutional strengthening or capacity building to public administration bodies for a minimum of 5 years;
- Experience with the financial regulations and procurement procedures applicable to the general budget of the European Communities and its implementing rules and / or the European Development Fund; for a minimum of one 1 year;
- Experience with do-no-harm approaches and moving from post-conflict to development issues, for at least 1 year. In its absence, proven operational knowledge of these issues is accepted.
- Experience with mainstreaming gender equality and women’s empowerment, social inclusion, environmental and nutrition safeguards in economic development programmes, for at least 1 year. In its absence, proven operational knowledge of these issues is accepted.
To express your interest: Send your curriculum vitae to the attention of Ms Lisa Ernst at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Project ID reference number in the subject line. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact Ms Lisa Ernst. We are looking forward to receiving your application and we thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Terms of reference CV TEMPLATE
Lisa Ernst email@example.com
Please read carefully our Information on our processing of personal data and rights as a job applicant (EN)/ Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung und Rechte als BewerberIn (DE)