Team Leader (Institutional expert)
The project will promote Sustainable Energy in Tajikistan by supporting the institutional, legal and regulatory environment in the energy sector, improving the capacities and efficiency of the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (MoEWR), Barqi Tajik operators (BT Generation, Transmission Operator and System Operators), as well as the Electricity Regulation Department of the Antimonopoly Service. This will make the electricity market fairer and more transparent, based on non-discriminatory and cost-reflective tariffs and thus attractive for the private sector, and able to cope with the requirements of an efficient regional power market. The project will enhance the interaction and coordination between energy and water sector stakeholders, and support activities that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve climate change adaptation.
The proposed Team Leader will be responsible for the overall project coordination, quality and timelines of the team's performance and its delivered outputs as well as the reporting and direct communication with the Contracting Authority (EU) and other relevant stakeholders. S/he will be also in charge of directly implementing some of the activities related to SO1: An enhanced Governance of the Energy Sector and its medium- and long-term gender-responsive development vision is established for the Green Transition of the Power Sector in Tajikistan, including SO2: Improved Legal and Regulatory frameworks for the establishment of a transparent, effective, competitive power market in Tajikistan.
The proposed TL should also oversee and coordinate the general implementation of SO3: Improved Generation-Transmission-Distribution Operators’ regulatory compliance of organisational structures, sustainability of operations and cost-reflectiveness.
- At least a Master’s Degree academic level in engineering, law or energy management, or in the absence of such Master’s Degree – an academic degree in a relevant field with more than 15 years of professional experience in the energy sector;
- Excellent management, coordination and leadership skills;
- Fluency in oral and written English (at least C1 level) is essential;
- Fluency in oral and written Russian (at least B2 level) is a strong asset;
- Minimum 15 years of general professional experience in the energy sector/ electricity market/ power sector;
- Working experience with EU sustainable energy and environmental legislation;
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience in working with public institutions and utilities;
- At least 3 different recent experiences of institutional support (public administrations) of long duration (more than one year) in the implementation of electricity/power sector reforms;
- Experience in provision of trainings on EE/RE to energy administrations and sector, with special support to women’s participation, and business opportunities;
- At least one long-term (minimum one year) Team Leader assignment overseeing the implementation of a specific project in the energy sector, preferably in one of the CIS countries;
- At least one long-term (minimum one year) Team Leader assignment in implementing Energy Efficiency and/or Renewable Energy sector project is an asset;
- Relevant experience in Central Asian countries would be an asset.
Severine Rix email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA