The project aims at enhancing efficiency and effectiveness of the agricultural advisory services system in Azerbaijan thereby enabling it to better respond to current and future challenges in the agriculture sector in a sustainable and collaborative manner. To this end, it will assist the Government of Azerbaijan and service providers in rural areas to better understand and adopt operational systems, processes and services that are more focused, targeted and relevant to increasing farm incomes while protecting and enhancing the natural environment - amongst others by developing and promoting a Code of Good Agricultural Practice.
The project is part of the “Integrated Regional Development of Azerbaijan” programme (IRDA).
The proposed Team Leader in will facilitate a smooth and timely implementation of the project including the mobilisation of ad hoc expertise for short-term assignments if needed. He/she will be responsible for the overall management of the project and the TA team and have lead responsibility for supporting the development of vision, strategy, institutional development and change management issues.
- At least Master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as agricultural economics, management, law, or other relevant field related to this contract or a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline as described before and 3 years above the required general professional experience in a field related to this contract
- Professional experience of at least 10 years but preferably 15 years working in the area of defining and implementing public support programmes for agriculture and/or rural development
- Professional experience acquired while working in the agriculture and /or rural development sector in EU member state(s) and country(ies) covered by the IPA regulation and/or former Soviet Union Country(ies) is an asset
- In the past 8 years team leader in at least one technical assistance or twinning project of comparable duration and size (minimum 18 months duration, minimum € 1.5 million budget, minimum WD input TA-TL 250 work days) and having as objective the institutional development and/or capacity building of a public agricultural/rural development administration with objective to better respond to legislative and/or market requirements
- In the past 8 years participation as key expert (or equivalent) or component leader or team leader in at least one study or technical assistance - or twinning project with objective of developing an institutional - or subsector or sector development strategy and action plan in the agricultural or rural development sector.
- Professional experience with privatization of functions previously assumed by the public agricultural/rural development administration and/or collaborative models between institutions of the public agricultural/rural development administration and privatized formerly public services is an asset.
- Professional experience in agricultural advisory service development and/or delivery while working for an agricultural advisory service in an EU member state is an asset;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Azerbaijani, Russian or Turkish would be an asset.
Regine Reuter firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA