The objective of this project is to prevent plastic waste leakage at source through sustainable waste management practices in cities by upgrading infrastructure, strengthening digital monitoring and exchange mechanisms and supporting the development of national framework conditions.
The project will work on interventions to enable selected cities (Kochi, Kanpur and Port Blair) to improve collection, segregation and marketing of plastic waste, to prevent plastic disposal to water bodies, and to improve handling of port and marine waste
The team leader function shall be combined with short term consultancy assignments in partner cities. Tasks shall be assumed in Delhi with assignments in partner cities as well as home office days. She / He will be responsible of the following tasks:
- Overall responsibility for the advisory package of the contractor
- Report to the GIZ officer responsible for the commission (GIZ-AV).
- Technical support to the team as per the project requirement
- Regular coordination with the team of the Contractor
- Sharing international experiences
- Attending meetings with the partner Cities/States/Ministries and present the reports/findings as and when requested
- Ensuring quality of the deliverables in line with GIZ requirements.
- Personnel management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, as well as planning and steering assignments and supporting local and international short-term experts
- Ensuring results monitoring is conducted
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines
- Responsibility for controlling the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with GIZ’s officer responsible for the commission
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating/adapting the project strategy and in evaluations
- Assume short term expert functions according to his/her profile (see table below). This shall be specified in the technical proposal.
Interested applicants must cover the following requirements:
- University degree in environmental management or engineering, environmental science, geography, economics or other related fields
- Fluent business language skills in English (level C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- 15 years of professional experience in waste management and environmental management, including municipal solid waste and plastic waste management as well as capacity development.
- 6 years of experience in at least one of the following fields in combination with capacity development
- Improvement in Waste Management and plastic waste management practices at city level
- Material Recovery
- Maritime Waste Management
- 5 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company
- 3 years of experience in projects in Asia including assignments in India
- 6 years of experience in development cooperation context including GIZ
Experts who do not cover the requirements will not be contacted back for this project.
We recommend to apply with an tailored EU CV (At least 4 pages, not more than 8 pages).
Clement Le Navenec Le-Navenec@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA