The project consists in the establishment and management of two support facilities delivering similar services to support EU international cooperation in the areas of 1) green economy and 2) water and sanitation.
The SWITCH to Green Facility will support the further development and implementation of the EU SWITCH to Green flagship initiative. It will also support efforts to contribute to the green economy transition across the broader EU international cooperation portfolio, notably through quality support to new actions in relevant sectors. The Facility will deliver support through a team of key experts, assisted by short-term experts to be hired on a needs basis, and with a budget for incidental expenditure.
The main areas of intervention of the SWITCH to Green flagship, which the Facility will support, cover in particular:
- Enabling green economy policy and institutional frameworks, to ensure coherence between environmental and economic policies, and providing support to public institutions while promoting private sector and civil society participation in policy development;
- Green business development, with a focus on the adoption of sustainable consumption and production practices by MSMEs
- Access to finance and the greening of investments, to improve capacities and practices of both businesses and finance institutions and to finance the green economy transition.
The Coordinator will be the main interlocutor of DEVCO C2 for the management of the SWITCH to Green Facility and will be responsible for ensuring high quality of the deliverables. This expert will provide the strategic vision of the assignment and will supervise and coordinate the inputs of the other key and non-key experts. S/he will advise on the identification and implementation of activities. This will include, among others:
- Steering and managing the assignment as a whole, carrying out a major part of the day-to-day work, dispatching tasks to the other experts of the team;
- Preparation of specific studies and fulfilment of other tasks requested by DEVCO C2;
- Supervise the elaboration, production and quality control of the facility outputs;
- Ensure the timely preparation of the progress and annual reports.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in economics, natural resources management, environmental science, development studies or related disciplines;
- Excellent knowledge of the green economy concept, related policies and best practices, in the EU and in developing countries;
- Knowledge of aid delivery methods and the project cycle management;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in English required; Knowledge of French and/or Spanish and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of professional experience, including 5 years in the context of international cooperation and 5 years working on green economy related issues (relevant assignments may count for both the international cooperation experience requirement and the green economy experience requirement).
- Proven experience as Team leader on at least 3 assignments;
- Work experience in developing countries (in situ) of at least 2 years.
Mathis Salfeld Salfeld@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA