Team Leader (m/f/d) Skills Development in Kyrgyzstan
The main objective of the new project is to establish and institutionalize short-term skills, development mechanism nationwide by strengthening the interventions on system level, aimed at upskilling and reskilling working-age population (with focus on youth, incl. young women), and based on private sector needs. It will have the following elements on system and programme level (also as end-of-project vision in 12 years):
- Employment (and business) associations jointly with other actors identify training needs, assist in developing training curricula and play a key role in exams/tests;
- Private, state and non-state providers organize and conduct short-term upskilling/reskilling trainings based on private sector needs;
- Policy environment is (made) more conducive to skills development;
- Youth and women are supported through job market mechanisms that will be developed.
- Lead a team of international and national experts
- Steer and quality assure conceptual developments
- Communicate, negotiate and network with public and private stakeholders in the education and the private sector
- Coordinate activities and stakeholders
- Manage and oversee capacity building and networking activities
- Demonstrated managerial and social competences and experiences in managing and coordinating mandates comparable in size and scope.
- Relevant higher education (equivalent or superior to master) in economics and/or related areas is preferred.
- Prior professional experience working in one of the Central Asia/CIS countries, preferably in Kyrgyzstan.
- Strong skills in result-oriented management, strategic planning, human resources and financial management skills; solid experience in steering and mentoring, capacity to anticipate issues and identify forward-looking solutions; strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills.
- Proven track record in cooperating with a large number of stakeholders and in strengthening/building the capacities of key local partners.
- Confirmed experience in skills development, VET and related thematic areas (including, migration, engagement with government authorities, civil society organizations, business/employers’ associations, trade unions, private sector, VET/higher education and government authorities).
- Complementary experiences, skills for ensuring sustainability of the project results.
- Knowledge of Kyrgyz/Russian is an asset
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing
Please send your application (email and attached CV) by 18th December 2022 to:
Ms Ursula von den Driesch
Ursula von den Driesch email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA