Team Leader and expert in Capacity Development for Food and Nutrition Security and Programme Coordination print
The purpose of the project is to provide professional and technical services to support the Government of Malawi to implement interventions of Afikepo nutrition programme in Malawi. The aim of Afikepo is to enhance nutrition security of targeted groups in 10 selected districts through in Malawi by improving nutritional status of targeted groups through:
- increased and diversified dietary intake of safe and nutritious foods;
- increased use of enhanced nutrition knowledge and awareness and hygiene practices;
- strengthened multi-sectoral governance of nutrition at all levels.
The proposed Team Leader will support operational management of the intervention and facilitate and coordinate a smooth and timely implementation of the programme including identifying the need for and the mobilisation of the other key and non- key experts. He/she will initiate, facilitate and monitor the change processes supported under the three results areas. He/she will be responsible for reporting to the programme management bodies and the PSC Secretariat. He/she will also be responsible for liaison with the NAO, EU Delegation and other Afikepo stakeholders through the Director for Nutrition and Imprest Administrator ensuring quality and timeliness of their deliverables.
Please contact me, with your CV, for the full Terms of Reference.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master's Degree in any of the following: food and nutrition, human nutrition, nutrition epidemiology, food, nutrition and livelihood security, public health nutrition, community nutrition, food science and food technology;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition sector in a multicultural setting as a team leader.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years proven experience working at a high level in institutional and capacity development in either relevant public/private sector or academic institutions;
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition sector operational experience and expertise related to project management;
- At least one year and at least one contract work experience in the food and nutrition sector developing and implementing development programmes (including functional capacity development) in the public sector;
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition sector working with bilateral and/or multilateral development partners;
- Those with more experiences in working in developing countries especially in Southern African countries will have an added advantage.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years proven work experience with institutional and functional capacity development in food and nutrition security in Africa and, preferably, in Southern African countries;
- At least one year of work experience implementing projects in Agriculture or Food and Nutrition Security or related discipline in Malawi will be considered an asset;
- At least one year of work experience with planning, budgeting and policy development in the public and or private sector;
- At least one contract of work experience as a Team Leader in a capacity development and programme coordination technical assistance contract;
- At least one year of previous experience working as a Team Leader in at least one of EU-funded projects using EDF rules and procedures will be seen as an advantage.
Alvean Fentener email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA