Team Leader as key expert 1 – Technical assistance for the Support to Sustainable Rural Livelihoods Programme in Fiji
The Support to Sustainable Rural Livelihoods Programme is an EU-funded budget support operation (Sector Reform Performance Contract). Its specific objectives are: i) effective transition to a sustainable and more diversified agriculture sector, and ii) development of market driven and environmentally friendly agriculture.
The programme is based on the Ministry of Agriculture’s Strategic Development Plan (SDP). The technical assistance will assist in all aspects of the implementation of the SDP and of the EU budget support programme.
The Team Leader will be responsible for the overall project design and successful implementation and reporting, including the coordination and supervision of the other KEs and Non Key Experts (NKEs) and financial management tasks in a timely and professional manner. S/he will be based in Suva in the Ministry of Agriculture and will work on a full-time basis. S/he will be the primary point of contact for the EU Delegation, Government officials and the Project Steering Committee. The Team Leader will supervise the implementation of all results. His/her focus will be responsibility for a thorough institutional analysis and policy development needs assessment.
The Team Leader will need strong skills in implementation and "hands-on" experience in working with public authorities. Consequently, strong coaching and inter-personal skills are essential.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master Degree or equivalent academic qualification (university or similar institution) in agricultural development, agricultural economics, rural development or any relevant field directly related to this assignment.
- If the expert does not have a Master's Degree, she/he must have at least a Bachelor's degree in the above mentioned fields combined with an additional 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Initiative, tact and proven ability to maintain harmonious working relationships in a multicultural setting with good team spirit.
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and spoken English.
- Strong people and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills, experience in facilitating stakeholder consultation meetings, in particular through participatory techniques will be considered an asset.
- At least 10 years of professional combined experience in the agriculture or rural development sector.
- At least 3 years of experience as Agricultural Policy advisor.
- At least 3 years’ experience in leadership and management position.
- Experience of working in developing countries, in particular small-sized countries, will be considered an asset.
- At least 3 years working experience in designing, conducting and facilitating capacity building initiatives of public administration in strategic planning, processes and procedures, policy development and review.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience with institutional reforms and governance framework in the agricultural sector.
- At least one fulltime continuous assignment of more than one year performed successfully as team leader (overseeing a team of at least 3 peoples).
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the provision of technical support in the framework of a budget support operation.
- Successful experience of EU sector reform performance contracts, preferably in rural development / agriculture will be considered as an asset.
- Previous professional experience working in rural development in Small Island Developing States and/or Least Developed countries will be considered as an asset.
- Experience in public administration restructuring and decentralization will be considered an asset.
Ingrid Wawrzynowicz firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA