The EU is creating a technical assistance Facility (Tree4Life) to support partner countries and the EU Delegations/Headquarters to improve sustainable forest management with a view to achieving SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals), Paris Agreement and the new EU Consensus on Development objectives. The EU Tree4Life Facility will provide strategic and operational technical support, provide forest sector analysis, enhance communication and coordination, and promote knowledge exchange.
The Team Leader will be in charge for both the strategic implementation of the assignment as well as supervision and coordination of the input of the other key and short-term experts throughout the duration of the project. S/he will advise on the identification, implementation and monitoring of according to the expected quality standards.
In addition, the Team Leader will be responsible of coordinating the activities’ implementation together with the EU and the responsible institutions in the different regions of the assignment.
- Postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in areas relevant to the job (i.e. forestry, natural resources management, environmental sciences/economics);
- Excellent drafting skills (reports and/or studies);
- Excellent team management skills within a multicultural environment;
- Good communication and facilitation skills;
- Fluency in French and English, fluency in Spanish is an advantage;
- Strong analytical skill and computer literacy.
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience in technical assistance projects in the field of sustainable forest management, environment, climate change, and/or natural resource management;
- At least 5 years’ experience as acting team leader in TA projects.
- At least 7 years of specific professional experience in managing development projects in the field of sustainable forest management, forest policy reforms, forest-based value chains and/or forest finance;
- Proven experience in leading large multicultural teams in long-term donor funded projects;
- Specific work in sector reform programmes and budget support programmes is an asset;
- Strong knowledge of EU procedures and at least 2 years of experience working in a similar position within EU funded projects;
- Professional experience in South-East Asia and/or Central / West Africa, and/or Caribbean / Latin America.
Heike Mainusch firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA