Team Leader (m/f/d) for water utility management or financial management – 50 months (full-time) – Albania print
The overall objective of this project is to contribute to economic, social, environmental, and territorial development, as well as tourism attractiveness. Therefore, this project will focus on two result areas:
(1) Enhanced sustainability of selected municipal water and sewerage utilities, with improved planning, operation and integrity management and climate resilience and
(2) Improved and affordable access of the population in the programme areas to safe drinking water supply, sewer services and increased centralized treatment of collected wastewater, monitored in accordance with EU directives.
The proposed Team Leader with international utility management or financial expertise will lead the entire Consultant team and will be head of the regional support team to central Albania (Kamza, Elbasan and Berat-Kuçova).
The Team Leader will assist the National Agency for Water Supply and Sewerage and Waste Infrastructure (AKUM) and Project Executing Agencies (PEA). This will cover accompanying measures strengthening their institutional capacities including integrity management as well as support in the preparation and implementation of the Communication and Visibility Plan and overall coordination and guidance.
The team leader will furthermore be responsible for
- Lead the project team, write necessary reports, coordinate project activities with AKUM and donors;
- Overall management of funds, monitoring and reporting;
- Supporting the Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) in the aggregation of the different implementation consultants reports;
- Supporting seven selected water utilities as Project Executing Agencies (PEAs) during the implementation of WPIP/MIP V investments;
- Support Disaster Risk Management in Lezha;
- Preparation of terms of reference, cost estimates, procurement of services, monitoring and quality control of services provided; reception of services in coordination with PCU;
- Management of a pre-defined budget to finance priority activities strengthening the national water sector framework and supporting the national strategy;
- Contributions to the policy/sector dialogue by systematically reporting on issues which are identified during preparation and implementation of the Programme and do not have clear solutions under existing laws and regulations;
- Provide regular support to AKUM and strengthen the AKUM’s capacities.
Required qualification and skills:
- University degree in economics, management, engineering or related subjects;
- Computer skills (MS Office software)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English
General professional experience:
- 15 years of international professional experience, of which at least 10 years’ experience in the sector of water utilities
- Broad water sector and water policy experience in at least 4 countries in East or South East Europe)
- Project management of 5 projects (international experience) of similar nature and complexity
Project/task related experience:
- Proven negotiation and moderation skills with senior decision makers
- Sound experience in project management of teams composed of international and local experts
- Experience in sector performance monitoring
- Familiarity with EU water directives
- Experience with communication and visibility measures, and preferably also integrity management
GFA Consulting Group GmbH has formed a consortium with Sachsenwasser GmbH, Valu Add and Infrastruktur und Umwelt.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
In case of interest we will be happy to receive your CV and your fee expectations.
Marisa Ludwig firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA