The project aims to support the decentralization process in Rwanda by further developing and improving the existing Monitoring & Evaluation Information System (MEIS) of the Local Administrative Entities Development Agency (LODA). The project will support the implementation of relevant and adequate local infrastructure and social protection projects and that these are identified and monitored with the participation of the population and executed by local governments and are used and maintained to provide service delivery and boost local economic development.
Supervision and operational control of the project; leading an interdisciplinary team of several international and national experts and ensuring timely implementation of the project; providing technical assistance in the area of IT, (public sector) digitalisation, MIS for M&E in context of decentralisation; Liaison with the national stakeholders/counterparts and LODA in particular.
· At least 10 years of experience in programme management in similar sized and complex IT change projects preferably in public administrations, at least in 6 similar projects and preferably some in Sub-Sahara Africa
· At least 5 years of experience around modern IT Project management methodologies (agile methods, in particular scrum), which includes the required online tools for code and roadmap development and transparent progress reporting
· Multiple experiences for needs assessments and analysis stakeholder needs for IT solutions using different methodologies (e.g. Design Thinking) to translate and prioritize changes
· Management experience setting up interdisciplinary teams for user-centered development and supervising these teams for efficient and timely project implementation
· Intermediate knowledge of frontend and backend IT systems and DevOps logic in order to communicate with IT-developers in an efficient manner. Ideally comprehensive knowledge around micro services approach for IT-architecture
· Experience in developing IT systems and websites in low-bandwidth settings.
· Competency around digital literacy and particular mobile development are desirable
· Experience in financial management of internationally-funded projects and management of donor funds
· At least 3 projects experiences working on capacity building for teams including training (e.g. workshops) and developing training materials
· Fluency in English and excellent communication and networking skills
· Familiarity and/or past experience working with LODA and its MEIS is considered an asset.
If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible
Please also note that all criteria (with expecption of asset criteria) have to be met in order to be considered for this postion.
Ingrid Wawrzynowicz firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA