The SWITCH to Green and Water Facilities will 1) provide quality support to improve programme identification, formulation and delivery, 2) support dialogue, networking and coordination with development partners working on green economy issues, and 3) support knowledge creation, dissemination and communication efforts, and build capacities for improved EU cooperation on green economy.
The Water facility will 1) provide quality support to improve programme identification, formulation and delivery, 2) support dialogue, networking and coordination with development partners working on water and sanitation, and 3) support knowledge creation, dissemination and communication efforts, and build capacities for improved EU cooperation on water and sanitation.
For more than 20 years, GFA teams have been supporting public and private sector stakeholders in implementing green economy policies, strategies and concepts. GFA currently implements the Switch to Green Facility.
For further information on green economy please go to:
Moreover, GFA has more than 15 years of experience in the field of water resource management. For further information on water please go to:
Under the guidance of the team leader, the technical expert will provide a large range of outputs contributing the identification and formulation of actions falling under the SWITCH TO GREEN flagship and to dialogue on green economy.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in economics, natural resources management, environmental science, development studies or related fields;
- Knowledge of the green economy concept, related policies and best practices, in the EU and in developing countries;
- Knowledge of aid delivery methods and the project cycle management; knowledge of EU development cooperation in particular would be an asset;
- Good communication and drafting skills;
- Fluency in English required; Knowledge of French also required if none of the other key experts speaks French. Ability to also communicate in other languages (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese...) would be an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience in the context of international cooperation and working on green economy related issues.
Specific professional experience
- Experience with the identification, formulation and/ or appraisal of development programmes in areas related to the green economy;
- At least 2 years of experience in developing countries or at least 5 short term missions in developing countries.
Mathis Salfeld Salfeld@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA