Transmission & Distribution expert
The project will promote Sustainable Energy in Tajikistan by supporting the institutional, legal and regulatory environment in the energy sector, improving the capacities and efficiency of the Ministry of Energy and Water Resources (MoEWR), Barqi Tajik operators (BT Generation, Transmission Operator and System Operators), as well as the Electricity Regulation Department of the Antimonopoly Service. This will make the electricity market fairer and more transparent, based on non-discriminatory and cost-reflective tariffs and thus attractive for the private sector, and able to cope with the requirements of an efficient regional power market. The project will enhance the interaction and coordination between energy and water sector stakeholders, and support activities that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve climate change adaptation.
The proposed Transmission & Distribution expert will be responsible for directly implementing activities related to SO3: Improved Generation-Transmission-Distribution Operators’ regulatory compliance of organisational structures, sustainability of operations and cost-reflectiveness.
The expert should support improving/completing the organisation, structure, accounting separation, operational rules and procedures, and staffing of the Generation Company (BT) -Transmission Company (SIB) -Distribution Company (STB); provide technical assistance for establishing independent and effective cost-based allocation budgets, and integrated management information systems (MIS) with independent procurement rules and procedures (including auctions), for each Operator of the power subsector; conduct capacity building and Twinning Operation to improve the management, operation and maintenance rules and procedures of the Transmission Company (SIB) and Distribution Company (STB); support the assessment of resources of the National Control Centre (System Operator) in view to identify the necessary modernisation/upgrade requirements for efficient monitoring and control of the transmission facilities to facilitate Tajikistan’s integration in the Central Asia Power Market.
- At least a Master’s Degree academic level in engineering, or in the absence of such Master’s Degree – an academic degree in a relevant field with more than 15 years of professional experience in the energy sector engineering;
- Excellent command of English both written and spoken;
- Minimum 12 years of general professional experience in power transmission and distribution systems operation;
- Expertise in planning power transmission / distribution networks;
- Expertise in providing training for skills and organisational development to improve management operation and maintenance rules of the Transmission / Distribution operators;
- Experience in providing support or expertise in Energy Sector Reform (primarily towards utilities);
- Good understanding of grid codes and integration of Variable RE;
- Proven experience as an expert in at least one EU-funded or international donor-funded project;
- Relevant experience in Central Asian countries would be an asset.
Severine Rix email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA