The project consists in the establishment and management of two support facilities delivering similar services to support EU international cooperation in the areas of 1) green economy and 2) water and sanitation.
The overall objective of the Water Facility is to support, in the framework of the SDG6 objectives, the New Consensus on Development and the EU Council Conclusions on Water Diplomacy, the targeted developing countries to improve their policy and regulatory framework conditions aiming at providing attractive and enabling conditions for increased public and private investment in IWRM, and in general access to Water and Sanitation.
The specific objectives of this contract are to provide assistance to partner countries (including to any relevant regional structures as appropriate) to:
- Increase their administrative and technical capacity for Water and Sanitation sector policy analysis, development and implementation, especially in relation to the interactions between SDG6 and the other SDGs;
- To accelerate and implement positively, efficiently and effectively their sector reform policies on IWRM, transboundary water cooperation and access to water and sanitation;
- To facilitate the access to finance and the implementation of investment projects for the development of the infrastructures needed to meet the SDG6 objectives.
Under the guidance of the Key Expert 3, the expert will provide outputs contributing the identification, formulation and evaluation of actions.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in civil engineering, environmental science, development studies or related disciplines;
- Knowledge of water and sanitation related best practices, in the field of Desalination Plants, Water Treatment Plants, Distribution networks, Faecal Sludge Management in the EU and in developing countries;
- Proved experience in pre-feasibility and feasibility studies development;
- Knowledge of aid delivery methods and the project cycle management; knowledge of EU development cooperation in particular would be an asset;
- Good communication and drafting skills;
- Fluency in English required; Knowledge of French and/or Spanish and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of experience in the context of international cooperation and working on water and sanitation related investments.
Specific professional experience
- Experience with the identification, formulation and/ or appraisal of development programmes in areas related to Water and Sanitation;
- At lest 5 years of experience in developing countries (in situ) or at least 5 short term missions in developing countries.
Clement Le Navenec Le-Navenec@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA