GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies in international cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral organisations and governments. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work, which currently includes ten strategic business areas. In the Digital Innovation Unit we focus on services related to data and digital innovations for our projects and services.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded (junior) Consultant (m/f/d) to join our Digital Innovation Unit and contribute towards achieving the company’s objectives.
As a Consultant you will work in the areas of acquisition, business development and project management in all areas related to digital innovation and the integration of digital solutions in our projects. You may also bring in your skills and experience as expert in our projects, which are often located in Africa.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with travel to developing countries. Key responsibilities will include:
- You will join our team in strengthening digital innovation within GFA including both forward-looking innovation processes, as well as backward-looking capitalization of experiences across departments.
- You will contribute to proposals and project management in the field of digital innovation, e.g. digital M&E systems, ICT policy, development of digital strategies, etc..
- You will work in projects that are likely in the field of data collection, management, analysis and visualization as part of project management or monitoring and evaluation systems.
- We will together provide services to all GFA business areas for including and implementing digital innovations in our ongoing projects.
- We expect that you enjoy networking and establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts within GFA, with clients, partner companies and sector experts.
- You will regularly prepare reports, concepts and presentations as well as contribute to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications.
What we expect from you
- We have a lot of data projects and thus an advanced knowledge of data analysis tools such as Python, R or STATA is a prerequisite, additional experience with geodata (GIS) would be a great asset.
- A solid education level in a relevant field such as a university degree (Master) in a relevant area, such as economics, statistics, mathematics, data science, computer science is important for us.
- We believe that a passion for tech and for trying out new things would help you to enjoy your jo.
- An affinity for working in an agile and fast-changing environment is helpful for feeling at home in our unit.
- It would make your start easier if you already had relevant experience in the context of development cooperation, preferably related to monitoring and evaluation of projects or digital development/D4D.
- Experience with the German or European development sector (such as KfW, GIZ, EuropeAid, EC) and a basic understanding of the strategies and programmes of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset.
- As we communicate mostly in English, we need you to speak and write English too. A good working knowledge of German and/or French would be an asset.
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills are necessary as we do such things frequently and under time pressure.
- A willingness to frequently travel abroad is needed as we expect that we will travel again post-covid.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to:
Ms. Florence Coantic
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: +49 (0)40 603 06 - 129
Florence Coantic Coantic@gfa-group.de
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA