Senior Financial Management Specialist (Long-term Expert) Timor Leste
The U.S. government’s Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and the Government of Timor-Leste have entered into a $420 million grant agreement (Compact), partnering to deliver sustainable and inclusive economic growth for the people of Timor-Leste. The Timor-Leste Compact seeks to improve the health and skills of people in Timor-Leste by reducing the disease burden caused by contaminated water sources and enhancing teaching and learning at the secondary school level.
This program includes Fiscal Agent Services, which is expected to start in mid-2023.
In its capacity, the Fiscal Agent shall diligently oversee, discharge and perform all services necessary to achieve the optimum value for the monies expended while ensuring that all financial transactions are conducted in strict compliance with principles, rules and procedures set out in the Compact and its Supplemental Agreements.
GFA Consulting Group, based in Hamburg, Germany, has a sound track record in providing Fiscal Agent Services for MCC projects all over the world.
The Senior Financial Management Specialist (Senior Payment Specialist) will support the team leader in the execution of the overall responsibilities of the contract. Moreover, the candidate will bear specific responsibility as follows:
- Final approval and authorization of all payments
- Cash-flow / budget planning and fund utilization monitoring
- Maintenance of interim filing system (physical and electronic) for all documents required for approval and authorization of payments
- Resolution of all approval and authorization problems including participation with the Team Leader/FAM in any major problems and resolutions
- Supervision of local Payment Specialists
- Conduct payments procedures education programs
- VAT issues and if exist VAT-related data entry staff
- Team participation in other requirements such as Fiscal Accountability Plan and Audit Plans
The Senior Financial Management Specialist will at a minimum possess the following qualifications, skills and professional experience:
- Significant experience working as a financial management professional (approximately 10 years or more)
- Experience setting up a financial management operation, developing budgets, cash management and related tasks. Experience in handling project with similar nature and scale will be an advantage
- Education or training in economics, finance, accounting, or related field
- Experience working in projects financed by international donors
- Demonstrated experience in the design, maintenance and use of automated financial management and accounting systems. Experience with SAP-based systems desirable
- Demonstrated financial management experience in project implementation activities is desirable
- Working experience in Asia is an advantage.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required
Andrea Leber firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA